new front windshield
new hydraulic clutch hose
TDT stage 2 tune
battery replaced less than a year ago
Bilstein HD shocks/struts on OEM sport suspension
front control arms replaced and have adjustable upper control arms
Sony stereo with Alpine speakers
heated leather seats
have new rear brake pads and discs in boxes.

car is located in Whitefish MT

Last edited:

77 K20

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg TDI LUX
$1,500

Otherwise I'm gonna pull some parts off of it and it goes to the junkyard.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Define "GLX" as that trim level was not available with the diesel.

Sad to see that car get junked, but unfortunately it is not worth what you want for it I am afraid. At least, not to a lot of people. If I had the extra money I would gladly give you $1500 for it and come get it. I have a BHW engine sitting in my garage. :(

77 K20

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg TDI LUX
It is the GLX sport package as it originally had the V6 gas engine with a manual. It was converted by the previous owner to a diesel with the correct ratio manual transmission. (FHN) It has the rain sensing wipers, ambient red LED lighting, autodimming rear view mirror.

WVWRH63B54P041267

I was hoping like what you said someone might have a complete engine lying around already for it. Or I did a search on car-part.com and saw that there were a lot of engines with turbos available for $900-$2000. So the car could be running again for less than $3,000.

I now have 5 vehicles at the house and travel a lot for work so I don't have the time or space to work on it. The turbo that failed was just replaced at the local VW dealer about 2.5 years ago. Instead of going down that road again I bought a 2014 Passat with a warranty.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Ah, cool, so it is an actual GLX then. Sounds like a neat car to bring back to life then. Hopefully someone here will snatch it up!

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
Oh man! What a great car at a great price! Please don't scrap it! If you still have it this winter, I will try like hell to get out there and get it!!!!!