Swapped headliner

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Has anyone swapped out the light gray headliner and a,b,c, pillars for GTI black?

Thinking of doing this this coming season. Wanted experiences.

OILPowered

Veteran Member
TDI
335d (still a TDI, technically)
I haven't, but have thought about it too. It does give the interior a bit of a different feel (I remember preferring it when I test drove the GTI). I'm not sure it's worth the potential expense/labor though.

wutbürger

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 CW Golf 4dr 6mt
I would like to as well, however having torn many a car apart, 9/10 times they will NEVER go back together the same or as tightly (however, I've never pulled apart a VW Golf so maybe their build is a bit different). I've searched over the past year for parts to do it, but I've had no luck- let us know what you run into

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I looked into it, be it at work i was looking at around $1500 I think for,
A pillars, B pillars, seat belt plastic in B pillar, front and rear grab handles, sun visors, Blue tooth plastic with lights in front of sunroof(wich I dont have one), all "airbag" little clips on AB pillars.
The C pillars I was going to wrap in the same material I was going to wrap the headliner with since GTI and JSW does not fit the same. and the C pillar in GTi is not the same at the JSW. so factor that cost and supplies.

not cheap, but very do able.

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Nice.

Yeah i was quoted $1200 from the dealer before labor. But i am sure they left some things off. I have to research a bit more. I had the seats re-wrapped in brown leather, and the headliner and upper gray pieces are my next move to complete the interior.

Thanks for the replies.

aznwhip

Veteran Member
TDI
MkVI Golf TDI
Custom upholstery shops (at least in LA) will redo headliners for anywhere from 500-1000 depending on which shop you go to and what material you choose.

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Thanks.

Yeah i know a few people in the upholstery business here. Including the shop that re-wrapped my seats.

The headliner and pillars getting wrapped are definitely do-able for that price. It's the little extra bits that would be a PITA. I don't want to "plasti-dip" door pulls or the overhead console. I would rather do an OEM plus look on my interior.

I'll definitely be looking at doing it both ways.

RomanL

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 GOLF TDI
i would like this too, my buddy has GTI and i do preffer the darker look
can anyone confirm if 4dr GTI and 4dr TDI would be same size?
if so, perhaps searching at junkyard for damaged GTI and then taking parts off might be cheaper.