www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:51   #1
mycruiseagent

Fuel Economy: 56.4/45.1/36.0
Default SPEC Clutch Group Buy

OK Folks - Here we go!

The SPEC clutch GB is a go. None of their distributors picked up the opportunity to handle the GB so we are working direct.

Pricing will work like this:
10 or more - 18% off SPEC's website pricing.
15 or more - 20% off SPEC's website pricing.

We have a few options to consider.

SPEC will include 4 options for people who want to keep their dual mass flywheel: <ul type="square"> [*]Stage 1 - High clamp pressure plate, woven organic disk, bearings and tool. [*]Stage 2 - High clamp pressure plate, Kevlar disc, bearings and tool.[*]Stage 3 - High clamp pressure plate, 6-wing Carbon - semi-metallic disc, bearings and tool. (Stage 3 with the DMF is really the Stage 4 description from SPEC's website)[*]Hybrid Stage 2-3 (Not listed on the SPEC website) as the name implies, one side of the clutch disc Kevlar, the other the carbon/semi-metallic compound for the holding power similar to the Stage 3/4 and smooth engagement of the stage 2. Pricing will be $15 more than the stage 3 price.[/list]SPEC will also include their various stage options for G60/VR6 clutches in the GB.

Please note that you will need to determine whether you have the LUK or Sachs clutch in your car in order to buy the right clutch. Check out the options and list pricing at SPEC's Website.

Submit questions to David Norton of SPEC at sales@specclutch.com.

So far, here's who's in: <ul type="square"> [*]MCA[*]chudzikb[*]Karmann-Diesel[*]mcmassage[*]Betzel[*]eicke[*]oldpoopie[*]AJS[*]FlyTDIGuy[*]faucho[*]Curious Chris[*]cdiamond[*]SLPRTDI[*]MI_Upsolute (2?!)[/list]That's 15 if everyone who expressed intrest (or seemed to be leaning heavily [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) is in once we finalize the deal.

Keep 'em coming folks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MCA [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
mycruiseagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 09:14   #2
chudzikb
Veteran Member

I need one for my B4. If the timing is right, I am in.

BEC
chudzikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 09:16   #3
Karmann-diesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 49ish

MCA, Nice work! Please consider me in for a regular stage II clutch kit. Thank you. Vroom! Vroom! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Karmann-diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 09:59   #4
WolfTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Golf
Fuel Economy: Yes

Hey, thanks a lot! Just when I thought I would pay off my credit cards, you go and find a way for me to spend some more. Just kidding. I don't think I can pass up this opportunity. Count me in for a Stage 2 or 2/3. How long do we have until they are ordered? I need some time to figure out how I'll tell the wife I'm spending more money. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
WolfTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 10:16   #5
mycruiseagent

Well, you make 4 (I'm in too - either a stg 3 or hybrid 2/3). When we hit 10 I'd think would be the time.

MCA
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:09   #6
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

I wonder now long the DMF will last with the power we are are now putting down. My VR6 setup is slipping now? WE need the 240 DMF with the 6 speed to go along with it.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:35   #7
mycruiseagent

[ QUOTE ]
...My VR6 setup is slipping now?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps looking to a stage 2 or 3 VR6 clutch?? The standard G60/VR6 swap people do uses a stock VR6 right?

MCA
Old November 12th, 2003, 17:27   #8
Betzel
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta

I am in; if I can get enough discount I'll go stage II, otherwise stage I should hold me for a long time.
Betzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 17:32   #9
eetsoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38/44/52

Seems a little pricey but for no chatter it's almost worth it. Right now my Diesel Geek package shows no signs of slipping @ 70K so it's extremely premature for me to buy one. Thanks for your efforts. When it comes time I will be looking them up!
eetsoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 17:50   #10
eicke
Veteran Member

Count me in!!...although I'm not sure if mine's a sachs or luk??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Ron
eicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 23:54   #11
oldpoopie

I'm in. Not sure which version yet though. you may want to post a thread in the power enhancements section just to garner more interest. I know I forget to check the classifieds sometimes......
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 04:58   #12
mycruiseagent

Please do talk it up! As the organizer I don't want to get my hand slapped for posting in the wrong section. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MCA
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:54   #13
ort5

I am tempted, but I have a few questions. If the stage 1 can hold 330 ft-lbs, why go higher? I don't know of any TDI engines that are putting out more than 300 or so.

Thanks,
Dave
ort5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 16:09   #14
AJS

Fuel Economy: 49/45/38

Im in, but I cant find an application for a 2002 TDI Beetle in the website. I assume its Sachs clutch. anybody?
AJ
AJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 17:37   #15
mycruiseagent

[ QUOTE ]
ort5 said:
I am tempted, but I have a few questions. If the stage 1 can hold 330 ft-lbs, why go higher? I don't know of any TDI engines that are putting out more than 300 or so.

Thanks,
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Clutch envy?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think that as you approach the rated torque capacity the durability and reliability goes down. Hence the desire to over-clutch the car if you are putting out a lot of torque.

MCA