www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old November 11th, 2019, 06:12   #1
florida_steve

Default New to this group and already clutch problem.

Good morning everyone. Greetings from Florida....I recently inherited a 2014 VW jetta TDI m/t and it ran without much problem for about a week at all until a couple days ago. Then, *bam* clutch went crazy and a couple of blocks from home the clutch would only engage when it was a few inches off the floor.... was able to get it home. Now the clutch hits the floor and does not engage and stays on the floor. Spent the last few days lurking around the group and the consensus seems to be the clutch slave cylinder. What i seem to find is the part searching is assembly with the throwout gear (part number 0A5141671). I am not much of a mechanic and transmissions are beyond my skill set. Have an appointment with the local dealership today.... any advice would be really appreciated.
florida_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 23:37   #2
Airgreasemonkey

You aren't alone, I just picked up a 2013 Jetta TDI and the other week i had a similar issue. Check to see if your brake fluid level is a little low and pump the clutch a good 5 to 10 times. That got mine back to life in the short term. I just got finished changing out the clutch master cylinder (easiest part to change) and flushed the line to the bleed port under your airbox because the fluid was nasty. The other thing to check is to see if you have brake fluid leading from where the transmission mounts to the engine. I noticed some on mine. I hope it is just residual from making a small mess while bleeding the system. I have a clean paper towel under it now and we shall see how much drips out overnight.
Airgreasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 23:42   #3
Airgreasemonkey

Sorry, Just saw your other post
Airgreasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2019, 13:27   #4
fredbarnes38

Fuel Economy: 33-40 mpg always going 80!

Don't go to the dealership. I am sure there is a great German Car Repair shop there somewhere.
fredbarnes38 is offline   Reply With Quote