B4 machine gun case

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
For the front passenger door. Part N°357 862 492. I don't suppose anyone has one? :D

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Good luck!

Looks like a vary rare accessory - perfect to go with all that armour plating you are going to install... :D

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I think it was part of the police equipment package.

There's a lot of discussion in the Mk3 Vortex forum about these kinds of options.

Steve

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
That's not the case. That thread is also mine. The B4 case is the picture I posted above. The ones on VWVortex are for other cars.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Are you installing bullet-proof windows as well?

We all know the B4 window regulators are a weak-point to begin with... :D

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Unfortunately not. Would install a machine gun case though, if I could find one!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Does anyone have a link to that thread?

I want to know more!
I don't have a link but if you query 'rare parts' in the Vortex Mk3 discussion forum you will undoubtedly find some references to the police and taxi options.

As as for PP question about where the clips are stored I would assume in the pocket drawer where the machine gun is kept, after all the whole lower pocket is available.

Steve

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Abacus, AFAIK the holes are for window cranks. No electric windows in the police version

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Installed in my car, and how it looks on the inside (no MP5 in my car though :p )

Note that on my car there is no window crank hole. Mine has automatic windows. I found the case online but it was missing the top half, so I modified my normal door card to fit the case.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
There isn't a single B4 owner that turns their own wrenches that would have a problem filling that case with receipts :eek:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
the only thing more rare than this awesome part is a rust free MK3.
I would totally put an airsoft rifle in there and keep it in there everywhere i go.
Saved

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yea.....
ammo and gun purchase receipts! also gas.. i mean diesel lol

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Highly illegal here. Guns are very much restricted. But the case itself is no problem :)