Limp mode? 11' Jetta

Delete

TDI
2011 Jetta
I recently got my emissions fix for my 11' Jetta then promptly had the car deleted and tuned. I just got the car back -3 days ago, last night I lost all power in 3rd and then the car wouldn't rev over 1,300-1,500RPM without sputtering/surging.

I pulled over and shut it off. I popped the hood and noticed all the bolts for my intake/air box were either about to fall out or were missing entirely. The entire intake was incredibly loose. I tightened down the bolts and made sure it was secure (still missing 3 bolts). I started the car back up and it ran fine :confused:

I am calling around to local mechanics to see if anyone is familiar with TDIs. The guy who deleted and tuned my car is 2.5 hours away and I sure as heck don't want to take it to a dealership. I emailed the guy that did the work and he thinks it could be a clogged fuel filter. However it was changed around 125k and I'm sitting at 150k right now.

Could it be possible that the lid to my intake was lifting and I was taking on too much air? It also worries me that once I shut it off and turned it back on it was fine....could be electrical? I had no check engine lights at all. Fingers crossed I can find someone local that knows TDIs :(

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Check your fault codes and it will tell you exactly where it hurts. If there are no stored faults, it's usually fuel related. You can starve it fuel and if all sensor voltages are ok, it will run bad but store no faults.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
a little confused..first.. you are talking about the air filter box (plastic with filter in it) or the actual "intake" ( metal) ..you said you tightened up the airbox and it started and ran fine..so that appears to have taken care of your problem..Right??..sounds like you fixed/found your problem..;) No worries..that air box (plastic) being loose should cause problems..maybe codes..but apparently did not have enough time to register the code..

Last edited: