Diagnostic code help.

2015TDIManual

TDI
2015 TDI Jetta SEL, 2015 TDI Jetta S
Wife has a 2015 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual and car has a flashing glow plug light along with a check engine light. I used my VDCS to read code and came up with P-0697 circuit open.

Anyone have this happen before or have any idea what that code is for? I searched all over and can't find anything.

larrydk

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen
I may be wrong, but I thought there's a possible link between the glow plug indicator illuminating and rear drivers lights burnt out?......

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I used my VDCS to read code and came up with P-0697 circuit open.
This probably belongs in the forum for your year/model, as it doesn't have anything to do with the Dieselgate mess. But P-0697 isn't the only code VCDS gave you--what was the complete output?

2015TDIManual

TDI
2015 TDI Jetta SEL, 2015 TDI Jetta S
This probably belongs in the forum for your year/model, as it doesn't have anything to do with the Dieselgate mess. But P-0697 isn't the only code VCDS gave you--what was the complete output?
That was the only code VCDS gave me. It says 1 fault found and that was the only thing that comes up.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
http://forums.ross-tech.com/

open an account here with your verified VCDS, and post a complete auto-scan.

You can also post such a scan here or on the MK VII section.

Code:
(use code tags to make it easier to read)
(go advanced, select the content you want to enclose, and click on the
)

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Correct me if I’m wrong but vcds has a 5 digit numerical code. So if you got a p0697 code you’re not using a vcds. If that’s true the code you’re getting with a generic scanner may not even be correct.