www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2018, 08:37   #7846
Namakan
Veteran Member
 
Namakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnetrista, MN
Default

As far as I know Eric is still at Midwest Motorworks but I don't see him on the site at all. I have his cell but of course don't want to broadcast it here.

You might try http://www.nurtechnik.com in Burnsville. I've used them a few times to sort out a few things which is convenient as they are right by my office. They have one tech that does a lot of VW TDI stuff and normally there are several CR cars there as well. I don't recall his name but talk to David and see if they can help you.
__________________
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5sp (mine) - Malone Stage 1, Ventectomy, Cupholder Mod, Frostheater, 2011 JSW DSG (wifes car - now gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)

Namakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 13:03   #7847
JFettig
 
JFettig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blaine, MN
Default

Namakan, Rat is the guy you're referring to, he does good work.

As far as I know, Eric is still at MM. merkerguitars at the google mail is your best way to get ahold of him.
__________________
Minnesota Malone Tuning dealer
1998 B5 Passat TDI Compound Turbos
2009 JSW Stage 3 196whp so far
DIY injector calibration http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 18:26   #7848
Namakan
Veteran Member
 
Namakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnetrista, MN
Default

Good to hear from you Jon. Still enjoying the tune you did for me long ago!
__________________
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5sp (mine) - Malone Stage 1, Ventectomy, Cupholder Mod, Frostheater, 2011 JSW DSG (wifes car - now gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)

Namakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 10:18   #7849
DWNUNDR
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Jordan, Minnesota
TDI(s): 03 Golf TDi
Fuel Economy: 43.41, 44.99, 48.64
Default

thanks I spoke with Rath at Nur Technik and will be dropping it in there on monday after seeing the owner at Midwest was arrested a while back for putting a gun to his wifes head... shame he did good work last time fo rme...
DWNUNDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 16:37   #7850
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNUNDR View Post
thanks I spoke with Rath at Nur Technik and will be dropping it in there on monday after seeing the owner at Midwest was arrested a while back for putting a gun to his wifes head... shame he did good work last time fo rme...
That was what his ex-wife said. I've spoken to Bob and the county attorney told him that she did not give much credence to the accusation. Still, his own attorney recommended that he plead guilty to a misdemeanor, with probation and eventual expunging of the charge from his record. So it's probably going to work out okay.

Still, it has cost him a bunch of money. He's now working longer hours, open every Saturday though Eric only works every other Saturday. Midwest is still my top choice for TDI-specific issues, and I usually end up going there for other stuff too (brakes, suspension, steering).
__________________
'03 Golf with 726k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+, TDT/Delvac1
Like TDI Club? Got PayPal? Got $1 or $5 or $10? Contribution link on the main page.
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 19:34   #7851
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member
 
3L3M3NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Default

For those interested, I'm having a cruise/gtg on October 20th in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Click me for more details
__________________
Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018
Photobucket embedded image fix inserted 5/10/2018.
Fix if you're using Chrome: Chrome fix
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 22:11   #7852
TDICADDGUY
Veteran Member
 
TDICADDGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blaine, MN
Fuel Economy: 42/46/51 with 5 speed - was 36/40/42 with 01M
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI fan View Post
Has anyone seen any Alh cars at U-pull in east bethel? I checked Rosemount last weekend and came up empty. FYI Iím looking for a fuel filter clamp. I some how lost mine when was doing my last major service on the car.
If you're still looking, or if anyone else needs MKIV parts, a guy in Eagan is parting one out on one of the FB groups. Not sure if TDI or not, but asuming so since it was in the TDI group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2409...6389364909516/
__________________
2012 BMW X5 35D 2000 NB with 3 pedal mod, RC3, PP520's, Eurojet SMIC, SBC 3, 2.5" side exit straight pipe, 2" lift.
TDICADDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 10:09   #7853
DWNUNDR
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Jordan, Minnesota
TDI(s): 03 Golf TDi
Fuel Economy: 43.41, 44.99, 48.64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
That was what his ex-wife said. I've spoken to Bob and the county attorney told him that she did not give much credence to the accusation. Still, his own attorney recommended that he plead guilty to a misdemeanor, with probation and eventual expunging of the charge from his record. So it's probably going to work out okay.
Still, it has cost him a bunch of money. He's now working longer hours, open every Saturday though Eric only works every other Saturday. Midwest is still my top choice for TDI-specific issues, and I usually end up going there for other stuff too (brakes, suspension, steering).
yeha they did good by me when mine threw a timing belt.. issue is I live in Jordan.. thats like over 1.5 hrs to take the car there.. thats 2 vehicles there and back each time...

good to know it will all work out with him.. too bad about it all though
DWNUNDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2018, 16:44   #7854
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Default

Hans Foreign Auto & Truck Parts
22823 Elk Lake Rd NW, Elk River MN 55330
(763) 441-0707

Hans Foreign Car & Truck Website
https://www.hansautopartsmn.com/

Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sunday: Closed


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3_9Q_MJurA&t=1007s
__________________
'03 Golf with 726k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+, TDT/Delvac1
Like TDI Club? Got PayPal? Got $1 or $5 or $10? Contribution link on the main page.
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 18:47   #7855
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Default

Delvac 1 ESM 5W40 is on sale for $21.99 through June 9th at Mill's Fleet Farm. With the $12/gallon rebate that brings the price down to $9.99/gallon.

Edit: with the three gallons I already had and the ten additional gallons I bought Saturday, I am all set for the next 11 oil changes. Or roughly the next 18-20 months.
__________________
'03 Golf with 726k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+, TDT/Delvac1
Like TDI Club? Got PayPal? Got $1 or $5 or $10? Contribution link on the main page.

Last edited by TornadoRed; June 3rd, 2018 at 10:40.
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 20:32   #7856
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

Hey, I think I saw your golf over by the new brighton post office a few weeks ago. Heard another louder than stock TDI left idling when I shut mine off, and sure enough, a red one over across the street.
Didn't have the notch in the hood filled in though, you get a different hood?
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 10:37   #7857
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
Hey, I think I saw your golf over by the new brighton post office a few weeks ago. Heard another louder than stock TDI left idling when I shut mine off, and sure enough, a red one over across the street.
Didn't have the notch in the hood filled in though, you get a different hood?
Yes, that was probably mine. There's a company there that does credit union title processing and we still do occasional deliveries of real estate documents. (But about 95% fewer than what it was like, before so much of it went digital.)

I'm still running without a grill, until I get around to ordering a new hood release lever. (The last one I ordered, they sent the wrong part; I returned it and never heard from them again.) So my Golf is fairly easy to spot. Also, I've removed the "GOLF" and "TDI) lettering from the rear hatch, so it's incognito except maybe for an occasional puff of diesel exhaust smoke. Lastly, if you get close enough to look at the interior, there is no front passenger seat -- makes it easier to haul longer items like 10' copper tubing, PVC conduit, slotted steel struts, etc.
__________________
'03 Golf with 726k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+, TDT/Delvac1
Like TDI Club? Got PayPal? Got $1 or $5 or $10? Contribution link on the main page.
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 20:53   #7858
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
Yes, that was probably mine. There's a company there that does credit union title processing and we still do occasional deliveries of real estate documents. (But about 95% fewer than what it was like, before so much of it went digital.)

I'm still running without a grill, until I get around to ordering a new hood release lever. (The last one I ordered, they sent the wrong part; I returned it and never heard from them again.) So my Golf is fairly easy to spot. Also, I've removed the "GOLF" and "TDI) lettering from the rear hatch, so it's incognito except maybe for an occasional puff of diesel exhaust smoke. Lastly, if you get close enough to look at the interior, there is no front passenger seat -- makes it easier to haul longer items like 10' copper tubing, PVC conduit, slotted steel struts, etc.
Didn't even go around back, just thought "Hey neat, only ever seen one red diesel around here."

Mine's set up similar without the passenger seat, can only fit around 9' inside the hatch though. Shocks a lot of people into laughter when they see just how much stuff you can haul with one!
Just recently stuck some resistors on the airbag wires to the seat so I can put it in and pull it out without ignoring a light on the dash.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 21:06   #7859
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
Didn't even go around back, just thought "Hey neat, only ever seen one red diesel around here."
Mine's set up similar without the passenger seat, can only fit around 9' inside the hatch though. Shocks a lot of people into laughter when they see just how much stuff you can haul with one!
Just recently stuck some resistors on the airbag wires to the seat so I can put it in and pull it out without ignoring a light on the dash.
I have a bungee cord to hold the hatch down when I haul long stuff. My other Golf has all its passenger seats, for when I need or might want to haul passengers, so I don't expect to reinstall the passenger seat in the red one any time soon.
__________________
'03 Golf with 726k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS+, TDT/Delvac1
Like TDI Club? Got PayPal? Got $1 or $5 or $10? Contribution link on the main page.
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 16:48   #7860
[486]
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St.Paul, MN
TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now
Default

Talk about seeing you guys out and about, just ran across a green lowered 4dr mk4 golf, had the top half of a tdiclub plate frame. Running south on 35w in blaine between lexington and radisson. Got a thumbs up and all. c:

Neat wheels, looked like the steelies with dog dish hub caps they stuck on the newest body style beetles, but I'm pretty sure those are 5x114...
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.22524 seconds with 10 queries
[Output: 137.41 Kb. compressed to 115.51 Kb. by saving 21.90 Kb. (15.94%)]