Need a GOOD TDi Mech. in the Durango area

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Linc: John here...

The only one I know that could posibly look at the TDI is Charly at Euro-Tech PH 970-247-0976

He is on 160 East torwards Pagosa beside the Honda motorcycle dealership(left side).

Maybe the TDI did NOT like you getting rid of her? or he is running BIO?
It got COLD here last night! About 14 F.

Let me know if I can do something...

B4 Variant that is slowly dying :( , 290K and still going (slow)

Wicked6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDi
Yep.. I think the little wagon is homesick... :(

Anyway, CEL keeps coming on - probably glowplug error.. . . .. AGAIN............. brand new set of Berus, & they all ohmed out fine - next step will have to be the harness..????!!

I will send Jeff over to talk with Charly.. Have you worked with him..?? What kind of work is he set up to do..??? Thanks for the recommendation John..!!

Linc

Last edited:

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Hey Linc.

How is ALBQ. this new year?
I have to go there because I have bought a BENZ 300TD and hopefully pick it up soon(south of downtown ALBQ).

Maybe the problem with the glow plugs is NOT that the GP's are bad BUT the resistance at the pressure plugs/caps(like spark plug caps), is that there may be sufficient drainage/loss of contact to NOT let enough amperage build up.
Clean with Radio Shack electric cleaner(small white spray), and see if that is what was, before getting into it any more.
Let me know IF you/him has to cut the GP harness and install another one, I have done mine and I CAN help with this "medical" procedure.

Get me his phone # 'cause I could not get it earlier.

Let me know, I hope to be able to help out...

PS. I know you can get a hold of a hangar/garage to have this forsaken GTG that you guys haven't had and get it organized:)eek:)!

Wicked6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDi
I had dressed the harness during the R&R of the GPs.. GPs are perfectly fine, but the ECM is freaking out over GP #2 I believe. Gotta be in the harness.. Anyway, had a brand new harness shipped to him, so he's got the parts, but is not really confident wrenching on it himself, so..... I offered to replace it, or help him find a good mech. that can do it also...

As for GTG, I am a willing participant, but cannot spend the time to set one up.. :( Friggin work... I need to hit the lottery !