Keyless entry wont work

06tdiesel

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
Hey guys so I've tried everything I could, bought a new transmitter changed batteries, tried programming with one key in ignition and turning the key in the door lock and nothing. I'm trying to located where is the keyless entry module located at? Can anyone help out, this car has been driving me nuts with all these little issues.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Did you check the door wiring harness? Jettas are not for everyone. If you like to tinker, it's perfect.

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Hey guys so I've tried everything I could, bought a new transmitter changed batteries, tried programming with one key in ignition and turning the key in the door lock and nothing. I'm trying to located where is the keyless entry module located at? Can anyone help out, this car has been driving me nuts with all these little issues.
The problems you describe will show up as errors when you use your VCDS Vag-Com to read the codes. You do have one of these, right? It is probably a bad motor in the door latch assembly.

06tdiesel

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
The problems you describe will show up as errors when you use your VCDS Vag-Com to read the codes. You do have one of these, right? It is probably a bad motor in the door latch assembly.
I just ordered new door latch for the drivers side. Could that be the reason the remote is not responding? Because the car doesn't even make a sound as if it doesn't read it. And I also just ordered vagcom cable.

06tdiesel

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
Did you check the door wiring harness? Jettas are not for everyone. If you like to tinker, it's perfect.
I dont mind working on it. I recently replaced the camshaft myself. But these electrical problems are never ending seems like.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Never ending if you have no way of actually diagnosing, for sure.

VCDS will let you "see" into what is going on. OBD works. I am betting you have at least one, possibly several, bad door latches, maybe a door harness too.