www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 24th, 2017, 06:02   #271
lovehandles18

Talking Just Installed CP3...Nice!

Add me to the list!

I had VL Performance in Appleton WI do the work and the pump is a beast. I've burned about 1 full tank of diesel with the new pump and I'm getting better fuel mileage than I ever have before, which is weird as the temps here have dropped into the 40's/50's which usually decreases efficiency.

The tune seems a bit stronger as well (Malone stage 2). Just a little more pull through the gears.

Feels good knowing my car is prepped for the long haul after deciding to skip the buyback
lovehandles18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 06:43   #272
2micron

TDI(s): None

That's wonderful!
Congrats and many happy miles ahead.
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 06:30   #273
voilsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing44 View Post
Good news for people with the CP3 that want the fix. I got the fix yesterday and the dealer didn't say anything about the CP3 pump and not having an auxiliary pump. The adviser said they looked hard to find anything wrong with my car, but they couldn't find anything and said my car was in great shape. They were also amazed how clean my car was, considering it has over 153,000 miles. I'm a neat nut.

Of course that doesn't settle worries about warranty after the fact, but at least I'll have my check for the fix.
Good to know!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
voilsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:39   #274
travis45
Veteran Member

Coty from VL Performance is the guy who flashed my Malone stage 3 in. Glad to hear it's working well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehandles18 View Post
Add me to the list!
I had VL Performance in Appleton WI do the work and the pump is a beast. I've burned about 1 full tank of diesel with the new pump and I'm getting better fuel mileage than I ever have before, which is weird as the temps here have dropped into the 40's/50's which usually decreases efficiency.
The tune seems a bit stronger as well (Malone stage 2). Just a little more pull through the gears.
Feels good knowing my car is prepped for the long haul after deciding to skip the buyback
14 Sportwagen TDI CR170 Frankenstien hybrid 2056 Turbo, Rawtek turbo back exhaust, Malone Stage 3, CP3 Fuel Pump, Malone DSG Tune, Panzer, 19" Konig Oversteer Wheels, Fluidamper Crank Pulley, H&R 22mm rear sway bar, PolarFIS. Soon to install Darkside intercooler and piping, Wavetrac LSD.
travis45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 17:37   #275
voilsb

For the record, it wasn't actually fixed. Ran through a lot of troubleshooting after this post and the problem kept coming back. Turns out the engine electrical harness was wedged behind the throttle body, worn through, and shorting out. Replaced the harness and zero problems for over 2,000 miles now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voilsb View Post
FIXED! Andrew was immensely helpful!

Short version, the aux pump from the old HPFP shorted out, which blew the fuse controlling the lifter pump. Eventually fuel stopped getting to the engine, and she starved. Pulled the aux pump, cleared the air out of the fuel lines, and she runs like a charm!

Long version is posted at http://myturbodiesel.com/threads/tro...-system.30965/
voilsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 18:07   #276
bobt2382
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: 46.5

Glad you got everything sorted out! I bet you were a little mad when you discovered the harness short. Reminds me of a few times when I was trying to track down the cause of "intermittent" fault, lol.
2010 4D CWhite Golf TDI, 6 sp manual, Fluidampr, Bixenons, Rear Airbags, RNS-510, Dynaudio, DieselGeek SS & P2015 bracket, Force Fed Eng. Shifter Bushings. XB,UB, & RB UNIbraces; TyrolSport Brake Caliper Bushing, 2Micron Contain/PureFlow kits & timing belt cover, PolarFis MFD module, Euro light switch, R Red LED Tail Lights,Under Seat Drawers, Full color MFD cluster.
bobt2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 12:36   #277
Odyssey

Hello. After installing the CP3, a rumble appeared in the area of the fuel hoses in the range of 1200-1900 rpm. Passat 2.0 CBAB The additional pump has been removed.
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 17:38   #278
Owain@malonetuning

Rumble? does it drive smooth? best to data log rail request vs actual to see if there's any oscillations.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 13:06   #279
Odyssey

There are no errors. works smoothly. Rides well. noise from the hose fuel filter pump, pump-fuel filter.
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 01:53   #280
ksing44
Veteran Member

I can't help with the rumble, but I wanted to let everyone know that I didn't have an issue with a warranty repair after the fix even though I have a CP3 pump. I got the P2015 code and VW provided a new manifold under the extended warranty after the fix.

Another note, my dealer didn't think the manifold was covered under the extended warranty, but they called VW and were told that yes it was! My dealer said they have over 200 pages of information about the warranty and sometimes it's hard to figure out what's covered. I guess it's best to always ask your dealer to check with VW if you think you have a repair that should be covered by the warranty!
2010 Golf TDI - Blue (BGM), 4-Dr, 6-M, Sunroof, Xenon, Dynaudio, Nav (RNS-510), Euro light switch, 9W7 BT, R Tinted LED Tail Lights, Monte Carlo 17" x 7.5" ET47 Wheels, 235/45/17 Tires, P3Cars Digital Interface, Sonniboy sunshades, CP3 HPFP!

Flickr slideshow
ksing44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2018, 19:58   #281
Billion003

TDI(s): 2011 Golf

Who is doing the CP3/HPFP fix? I'll be doing more research here but would appreciate the quick info. Is it various mechanics around the USA doing it? I'm in the Southeast but would drive a ways to get the job done. How much does it cost to have done? Are there TDIclub sources where quality referrals are made? Or, what shops are doing the best jobs?

I haven't had the NOX fix done yet on my 2011 Golf TDI, 6 speed manual, (presently 90k miles) but am thinking about doing the Gen 1 fix, getting the money and doing the HPFP upgrade with some of the money.
Am I correct in assuming for the 2011 Golf TDI the only fix available is the Gen 1? I need to do some homework on the VW website, I know.
Billion003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2018, 21:30   #282
Billion003

TDI(s): 2011 Golf

So, as stated above I'm considering the 2micron CP3 kit. After its done is diesel additive still a necessity?
I'm a pretty sedate driver. Very much more interested in MPG. I'm happy with present level of torque/power. On the various Malone retunings - if a CP3 kit is installed are the Malone retunes necessary? Better MPG always welcome though.
Other than the potential CP3 improvement I prefer the car say as stock as possible.

Last edited by Billion003; June 21st, 2018 at 21:34.
Billion003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54   #283
YukonLT
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billion003 View Post
So, as stated above I'm considering the 2micron CP3 kit. After its done is diesel additive still a necessity?
I'm a pretty sedate driver. Very much more interested in MPG. I'm happy with present level of torque/power. On the various Malone retunings - if a CP3 kit is installed are the Malone retunes necessary? Better MPG always welcome though.
Other than the potential CP3 improvement I prefer the car say as stock as possible.
You don't need to use an additive with the CP3, it's even questionable with your current stock CP4.1. Most people use it for piece of mind. The CP3 is very robust, I still have never heard of a failure on one. Install it, and drive worry free...at least on the HPFP side.

Also, no tuning is required with the pump. But, once you do tune the car, you will no why you did