A/C Temp Control

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
I've had an issue with adjusting the a/c temperature for quite some time. As you turn the dial from full cold to full hot slowly, it should go from ice cold- cold- room temp- warm- hot. Mine stays ice cold all the way until you get to just before full hot. Luckily, here in Memphis, it's been hotter than Satan's sack outside until after dark so full cold is fine. But I'd like to get this fixed before fall comes around. Any suggestions on where to start or has anyone else had this issue?

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
What type of system do you have? The full automatic dual zone Climatronic or the semi auto single zone Climatic? Has this problem only appeared as it is this hot or when it is cooler too? Even the single zone semi auto system will try to regulate output temps to match what it senses. Think if it is 90°F outside and inside it is about 100°F and you have the controls near 80°F it still needs to cool to get to that.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem just something to think about.

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
What type of system do you have? The full automatic dual zone Climatronic or the semi auto single zone Climatic? Has this problem only appeared as it is this hot or when it is cooler too? Even the single zone semi auto system will try to regulate output temps to match what it senses. Think if it is 90°F outside and inside it is about 100°F and you have the controls near 80°F it still needs to cool to get to that.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem just something to think about.

It’s been happening since I bought it a little over a year ago. Never really bugged me until now and seems to have gotten slightly worse.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
That is the semiautomatic Climatic control. Did you see the same sort of symptoms in cold weather, once the car had warmed up of course?

These questions are just to establish the system behavior to help diagnose the issue. Have you checked the system for any fault codes?

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
That is the semiautomatic Climatic control. Did you see the same sort of symptoms in cold weather, once the car had warmed up of course?

These questions are just to establish the system behavior to help diagnose the issue. Have you checked the system for any fault codes?

It behaves the same way regardless of time it’s running. I don’t personally have Vag-Com but I can check one day soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk