front end body parts

96powerstroke

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Ford Powerstroke (I know, its not a "TDI" haha); '98 Jetta TDI
Hi Folks,
I know this isn't necessarily a TDI related inquiry but I know there are a lot more resourceful minds here.

I had a small 'fender bender' this morning and slid my front end into a Dakota's (Dodge) bumper. At quick glance it looks like I buckled the hood a bit and cracked the grille pretty bad. I am at work so I don't have the luxury of doing a thorough investigation right now.

eBay has a lot of "euro" style grilles (sans center VW medallion) but I would prefer to find a factory grille. I've scoured craigslist and I have yet to check the classifieds on this site but in the meantime does anyone have a vendor the can recommend for an aftermarket replacement factory looking grille (with a badge)? Does anyone have experience with the cheapy eBay parts? I mean they have a $45 grille with free shipping. That's for a brand new part (albeit "euro" style aftermarket). The junk yards wants more than that!

Thanks.

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
A used factory part will probably fit better than a new aftermarket one, for what it's worth. If you can find a used one in your color you'll be even better off...

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
You might also check on Vortex B3/4 classifieds for stuff in your area. There should be plenty of parts out there to fix yours.

Steve