www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Eastern USA

South Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the South Eastern USA. (Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:16   #286
DanG144
Veteran Member

It is wet, no ice or snow at the house.
DanG144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:02   #287
Macabee

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 51 mpg

Looks like I won't be able to make it due to the snow.
Macabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:08   #288
mrchaotica
Veteran Member

Nicolia and I are leaving for the GTG now (better late than never!). Please note that we're bringing a whole bunch of homemade mac & cheese, so save some room for it!

mrchaotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:02   #289
MichelleRoze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: avg 42

sorry guys, I've been busy and forgot to let ya'll know that I wouldn't be making this event. We had a last minute surprise birthday party for Matt's mom tonight. Trust me, I really wanted to come (though I really didn't have anything needed to be done, nor the parts to do it if I did), but birthdays kinda trump GTG's.

Hope ya'll are having fun! It's kinda nasty here in Atlanta, hoping it stays dry for you guys up there!
02 Beetle TDI, ALH engine, 02J 5 speed swap, 201K, RC2+, EGR delete, cat-ectomy, muffler-ectomy, stock manual nozzles, AFE cold air intake, 11mm injector pump, defender tech skid plate and more to come...
Atlanta TDI Mafia Member
MichelleRoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:37   #290
dlm308rem

Default Today

lot's of snow in Pilot Mountain, NC today 10inches maybe 11. it is pretty. the ford ranger 4x4 likes to go in the snow. my nissan friend drove my vw home from the accident site last night, he said it is pulling hard to the right, that does not sound good. trunk is sprung, rear door pass. side is out of alignment, sounds worse by the minute.

hope you all r having fun.

eat more chicken, said the pig.

dan
Old January 30th, 2010, 19:58   #291
DanG144
Veteran Member

The trees filled with ice as the day progressed. One tree fell over the road in front of the house.

The fire barrel got a real workout.

Lots of good people made it here, and lots of other good people did not. We missed you.

The high for the day was about 34 degrees, just before dawn. We had light rain, drizzle and snow flurries just about all day.

We had a some truly outstanding NC barbecue from the pig that Wade (engineerorange) and his brother? cooked for us.

Jeff of Rocketchip worked hard all day long, as did several others.

Dieselfueler has to be the MVP of the day, but Piper109 must get honorable mention. Julien was extremely helpful to many.

Landon was suffering from a bad shoulder, but managed to soldier on.

We missed DidJettaRun's help, as well as Paramedick's - both Bruce's had to miss the show.

The last guest left about 9 pm, so we got to wrap up early.

There were many other people who contributed to today's GTG. Thanks to all of them, and please come again.

We will do even better next time.

Now for bed.
DanG144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 20:04   #292
sullyTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRoze
sorry guys, I've been busy and forgot to let ya'll know that I wouldn't be making this event. We had a last minute surprise birthday party for Matt's mom tonight. Trust me, I really wanted to come (though I really didn't have anything needed to be done, nor the parts to do it if I did), but birthdays kinda trump GTG's.

Hope ya'll are having fun! It's kinda nasty here in Atlanta, hoping it stays dry for you guys up there!
Missed ya!

-----------------------------------------------
98 TDI Beetle, Red, 5 Speed
Sprint 520's, RC3, Sachs Clutch, Muffler Delete,

Custom Side Markers, Euro Headlight Switch, Euro Rear Fog, OEM 1.9L TDI Emblem,

Mobil 1 0w40, MANN Filters,

sullyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 20:50   #293
terrydtdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: BEST 58 ( 900 mile Club ) av. 46, worst 38, Mobil 1 TDT

Home in one piece .

Dan,your wonderful wife, and Zeb, thank you all for the awsome hospitality,as usual great GTG. I was suprised by the amount of people that did come.
Lots of thanks to Wade "engineerorange", and his brother, very tasty pig.
Landon I wish you well with your shoulder.
Jeff thanks for coming down, it's always neat to see the stuck on smiles people have after being chipped.
Thank you everybody ,I had a great time,and learned a bunch.
2K jetta gl tdi 5spd 401k, RC5+, 17/22, PP764's, ported head, ARP head studs, 11mm, 3" turbo back, Kerma OMI, PD150IT & race pipe, VR6 air box & MAF, Godspeed SMIC, 3 bar map, PD lift pump, 681 fift, TT LCA's, spindles, brakes, GLI rear brakes and interior, VR6 axles, mcnalley boost/egt gauge, SBC Stage 2 Endurance, bagged, Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Last edited by terrydtdi; January 30th, 2010 at 20:56.
terrydtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 21:06   #294
NewbeeMC9
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 99.5 6-speed

Glad y'all had fun!!

Hate I missed the fun, fellowship, and the pig

I tried to sled here since we live on a hill that I have wanted to sled on since we moved here 3 years ago. Chances are rare. I made one run and then for the first time in the history of the neighborhood(60's) they scraped the road
Old January 30th, 2010, 21:14   #295
abakos
Veteran Member

TDI(s): -----

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbeeMC9
Glad y'all had fun!!

Hate I missed the fun, fellowship, and the pig

I tried to sled here since we live on a hill that I have wanted to sled on since we moved here 3 years ago. Chances are rare. I made one run and then for the first time in the history of the neighborhood(60's) they scraped the road
Just got home...Knoxville is a sheet of ice. Glad I went through Atlanta...damn this was a crazy drive. Just missed a 20 car pile up south of Knoxville on the way in (heard about it when I was just west of Augusta...cleared just before I came through).

Passed another car near Chattanooga that was on its roof right after a "shiny" bridge and had a couple close calls myself. The last mile was the hardest...local road all solid ICE. Watched the car in front of me try to get up a small hill and they just slid back down and gave up. I was able to make it up on the first try

Thanks to all for a good time down south- Glad that my BRM Cam is in good shape at a 100k. I'm considering myself one of the lucky ones. Looking forward to seeing you all again, and hopefully under better circumstances!

Aaron

Also, interesting factoid, if your biodiesel container shifts a little and is leaning against something...not tipped over but just tilted a little, it'll leak and give all your luggage and tools a nice "essence of biodiesel" treatment. Check your caps ladies and gents!

SOLD - 2006 Jetta TDI/DSG Pkg 2
Silver on Black
abakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 21:39   #296
Elfnmagik
Veteran Member

Truly a great GTG. Awesome grub, nice hot fire, and good company as always.
Old January 31st, 2010, 00:41   #297
uberdiesel
Veteran Member

Thanks for the hospitality, good cooking, good company and vw know-how.

I made it down to Charleston for a very enjoyable evening and back home to Columbia without a problem.

Best Regards.

Uberdiesel
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:04   #298
redjetj

Fuel Economy: 48@90mph
Default Sainthood

Dan, you and your wife have to be saints to put up with about 60 people tracking who knows what between your two garages and kitchen table. Thank you so very much for the special attention my pd jetta code named 997c got. I am still not sure if that was good news or bad from Jeff. I feel fortunate to be involved with a bunch a people that look over your shoulder and help you out. By the way i am a bbq snob and that pig was spot on, great stuff. Thanks to all
redjetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:05   #299
parkair
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: not as much as I would like

Guys it was great meeting all of you. Thanks for the hospitality. Big thanks to Landon and Terry for the injector help. I made home with no problems and seemingly no loss of oil from the turbo. (?) Aaron got stuck overnite in Charlotte. hopefully he will make it home today.

See you all in the summer. Sunny and dry next time!!!

Mike
2001 SilverArrow Jetta : 17/22 turbo : 11mm pump : 2.5 IDparts DP : RC5 : PD130 intake : SBC Stage 2 Endurance clutch : ST racepipe : DG Sigma SS : Passat oil cooler : R32 airbox lid : Drag DR-38 rims : GLI springs-Koni Yellows : 2.5 exhaust w/dual tip : IDparts IC pipes : Evolution Skid Plate : Bosch T4 .216s : EGT/Boost gauges : boostvalve : FMIC : 3-bar MAP : Audi TT spindles/LCAs : Raxles : GLI brakes
parkair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:51   #300
TurbineWhine
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56/50/39

Home again in Asheville safe and sound. Naturally, my driveway was still a mess but I made it up it.

Dan, Debbie & Zeb, thank you for all your planning, hard work and hospitality. Sorry I was approaching useless this time. Shoulder is improving and I should be fine in a few more days.

Good to see everyone again and to meet some new TDI fans. Looking forward to the next one, which might actually be here in Asheville.

Landon
RACE 520's, RC6X Custom Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 12mm pump, R32 MAF, racepipe, VNT 17/22, 3" Downpipe, Open 3" exhaust, FMIC, Forged H-Beam rods, Double Row Valve Springs, .658 5th gear, GLI suspension and brakes, 18 Inch wheels, PD lift pump, DG By-Pass oil filter, AutoMeter Cobalt Boost & EGT in 47 DraftDesign's Pods.
TurbineWhine is offline   Reply With Quote