PD In-Tank Fuel Pump in 03 Jetta

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Rumor has it that the 04/05 PD engine A4's have an in-tank fuel pump.

Does anyone know if this will physically fit/interchange in a 2003 Jetta? The wiring is probably not there, but that is easy enough to do.

Thanks

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Tomo - thanks for the link

Apparently my searching skills are not up to par as I did not find this.

The thread ends with things being good, but no one "finished" it (no room to talk for me here
) with price, or if there were problems running this continuiously or what to do with the extra flow from the in tank pump (does it "bypass" internally and back to tank, does the pump just loose efficiency, etc).

I figured if this works, I would shunt across the injection pump supply and return lines to control pump inlet pressure and give any air bubbles a place to go instead of in the injection pump. If it just drops in with only wiring required and no other issues, than I wont mess with the shunt.

thanks again.

Vegi_VW

TDI
2001 Jetta GL
If you're talking about the part number Kermatdi referenced in the thread above (1J0 919 050), it's $165 from worldimpex and $132 from 1stvwparts.com.

By "shunt", do you mean a crossover between the fuel supply and return lines, on the tank side of the fuel filter?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Thanks for the sourcing info

Yes, that is what I mean by a shunt, however I was thinking of putting it between the filter and injection pump to clean the fuel more. Have to consider the thermostatic tee though.