www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old June 15th, 2018, 17:17   #31
Dieselkraut

TDI(s): 2011 TDI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Here is the biggie according to that statement VW will replace your EGR and DPF. So now you are quibbling about the K&N filter and MAF. Do you know what that is worth? Way more than your 288 buck MAF sensor. Have a nice life. Buy a different car.........say Honda and put a K&N air filter so you can save a couple of bucks.

Mate, its not about what THIS is WORTH its about making it RIGHT and COMPLY with the LAW (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act )

For being a Senior member here you are becoming very flaming, defending VW about all those issues.

I make it SHORT FOR YOU!

After I told the dealer I will file suit with the FTC and contact the Attorney about the Diesel modification warranty, they pulled their hat today.

NO CHARGE to me, FREE MAF (they like to call it Air Meter) , FREE 2nd DPF, FREE EGR AND FREE AIR FILTER.

I will get FREE Air Filters for the Rest of the Warranty period (Diesel Recall) as the TSB states not to use any other than OEM VW Air Filters covered per FTC (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ).

NOW I will have a NICE $288 Dinner which you would have spent on VW!
CHEERS MATE!

Anyone else on this forum please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.
K&N WILL ASSIST YOU! VW unfortunately will NOT!!! (I'm NOT affiliated with K&N)

Note to Moderator: NO FLAMING PLEASE AND LOCK THIS THREAD for other Members. Thank you

Last edited by Dieselkraut; June 15th, 2018 at 17:21.
Dieselkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 17:26   #32
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselkraut View Post
Mate, its not about what THIS is WORTH its about making it RIGHT and COMPLY with the LAW (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act )

For being a Senior member here you are becoming very flaming, defending VW about all those issues.

I make it SHORT FOR YOU!

After I told the dealer I will file suit with the FTC and contact the Attorney about the Diesel modification warranty, they pulled their hat today.

NO CHARGE to me, FREE MAF (they like to call it Air Meter) , FREE 2nd DPF, FREE EGR AND FREE AIR FILTER.

I will get FREE Air Filters for the Rest of the Warranty period (Diesel Recall) as the TSB states not to use any other than OEM VW Air Filters covered per FTC (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ).

NOW I will have a NICE $288 Dinner which you would have spent on VW!
CHEERS MATE!

Anyone else on this forum please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.
K&N WILL ASSIST YOU! VW unfortunately will NOT!!! (I'm NOT affiliated with K&N)

Note to Moderator: NO FLAMING PLEASE AND LOCK THIS THREAD for other Members. Thank you

So are you gonna shoot yourself in the foot again and put that K&N oily filter back in so your MAF can fail again and you can throw your attorney credentials around another time?

Last edited by MichaelB; June 15th, 2018 at 17:46.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 18:51   #33
Dieselkraut

Quote:
So are you gonna shoot yourself in the foot again and put that K&N oily filter back in so your MAF can fail again and you can throw your attorney credentials around another time?

I NEVER SHOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT FYI. As stated Volkswagen of America (represented by Dealerships) will HAVE TO PROVIDE FREE AIRFILTERS AS LONG AS THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

So long... mate and unfortunate other member that had negative input trying to discourage me.

KNOW YOIUR RIGHTS!!!! https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...ranty-coverage

AGAIN I encourage EVERYONE not just on this forum, sure Google will pick it up please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.

FYI so much for your Dinner... once you are in those shoes I hope you revisit this converstation and well you wont have to foregoe your dinner for a VW bill that is UNLAWFUL!

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...ranty-coverage

Last edited by Dieselkraut; June 15th, 2018 at 18:54.
Old June 15th, 2018, 19:17   #34
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Talking

Quote:
FYI so much for your Dinner... once you are in those shoes I hope you revisit this converstation and well you wont have to foregoe your dinner for a VW bill that is UNLAWFUL!

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...ranty-coverage
I never lost my dinner or forego anything besides the time I wasted with you because I never even contemplated using a substandard air filter in order to have to know my rights.
Old June 15th, 2018, 19:40   #35
Dieselkraut

Quote:
I never lost my dinner or forego anything besides the time I wasted with you because I never even contemplated using a substandard air filter in order to have to know my rights.
You dont know your Rights otherwise you would have not posted such nonsense you did mate!
No further comment needed. Moderator CLOSE THIS THREAD AND PIN IT PLEASE for information of other MEMBERS.
Thank you.
Old June 15th, 2018, 19:52   #36
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Quote:
You dont know your Rights otherwise you would have not posted such nonsense you did mate!
No further comment needed. Moderator CLOSE THIS THREAD AND PIN IT PLEASE for information of other MEMBERS.
Thank you.
Typical attorney.....take the case and win well that's the goal I guess you did. Move on to more important things in your life and win again. Like I said before K&N air filters suck and they always will regardless of knowing your rights. What if your car was out of warranty? And you were not well informed about the poor performance of K&N, that is more important to me than your or my rights in your matter. That poor performance is well documented here. Are you going to threaten to sue the forums for false information? I also like how you want this thread closed so nobody else can ever make any comments
Old June 15th, 2018, 19:56   #37
Dieselkraut

Quote:
Typical attorney...... Are you going to threaten to sue the forums for false information? I also like how you want this thread closed so nobody else can ever make any comments

I will if I have to...its called discovery.

Quote:
....That poor performance is well documented here....

Yes on the forum.... got scientific proof for that claim? I'm interested to read this

Last edited by Dieselkraut; June 15th, 2018 at 20:03.
Old June 15th, 2018, 20:24   #38
Dieselkraut

For your entertainment ;-) https://youtu.be/8cAWGjbLvXU
Old September 12th, 2018, 05:46   #39
740GLE
Veteran Member

Don't mess with texasss!!!
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote