www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old June 15th, 2018, 00:22   #16
KyleMillione
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 02 (auto) 39, 03 (man) 48

The hang up on coasting is normal. It is supposed to stay locked up even while coasting. Essentially the motor drives the trans to get up to speed and the trans drives the motor while coasting in 3/4 gear.
KyleMillione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2018, 21:59   #17
Suadwa

I am trying to scan codes on the transmission but i can't connect to tcm, i tried with vagcom and with odbeleven. Any ideas
Suadwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2018, 09:11   #18
flee
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-ish

Using a genuine VCDS?
If so, The TCM has been known to fail but so can the wiring.
Old June 18th, 2018, 17:04   #19
Suadwa

Not genuine Vcds but my ODB eleven is genuine and still no connection, but i was gonna go to pull and save and find one there just to try it out, do i need to be looking for specific numbers
Old June 30th, 2018, 23:17   #20
Suadwa

Ok everybody today i replaced my valve body from one that I got on eBay (said it was rebuilt, tested, and cleaned and shipped also came with its own harness ) got it on Friday I installed it today got four codes for all solenoid, after clearing code for solenoid kept coming back, also transmission was in limp mode and wouldnt come out, started in third and that's was it, well after I talked to ebay I am sending that one back, in mean time i installed my back and Tran oil got changed twice in 2 hours total of 7qurts maybe more, and as of right now there is no more surging, and car pulls great and no trans codes... Will see how it goes, my next plan is to change the oil again next weekend..
Old July 1st, 2018, 09:03   #21
jokila

Fuel Economy: 52/45/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suadwa View Post
Ok everybody today i replaced my valve body from one that I got on eBay (said it was rebuilt, tested, and cleaned and shipped also came with its own harness ) got it on Friday I installed it today got four codes for all solenoid, after clearing code for solenoid kept coming back, also transmission was in limp mode and wouldnt come out, started in third and that's was it, well after I talked to ebay I am sending that one back, in mean time i installed my back and Tran oil got changed twice in 2 hours total of 7qurts maybe more, and as of right now there is no more surging, and car pulls great and no trans codes... Will see how it goes, my next plan is to change the oil again next weekend..

-1 for not listening to the advice on this thread about the ebay valve bodies.
+1 for another lesson in the school of hard knocks, ahem.. wisdom of life.
jokila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2018, 21:48   #22
Suadwa

Yes very true about listening, but i figured I try, and seller offered to send new harness and solenoid but i was upset that, in the ad it say that it's rebuilt, tested and removed and cleaned, and at the end there is issues with it..