2001 GLS Jetta

Bop

TDI
2000 Jetta
I just got off the phone with this dealer in Pennsylvania. He wants to sell me a 2001 Jetta GLS for $20,500, included in the price is everything but the tax (no options). Unfortunately he has the HAMMER because he is probably the only guy around who will sell me the car because I live in the BAD APPLE (NY).
Can anybody help me out with this one?

Thanks,
Anthony

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
If you dont mind driving to Maryland just north of DC let me know will set you up with a dealer here who should treat you right.
2001 with lux & leather list 21450. paid 20000.

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
Oh, yes there is. 5% tax for us Maryland residents. It doesn't matter where you buy the car; you will pay the taxes applicable to the state you live in and not the state where you buy the car.
I don't know where birdman bought his TDI, but one dealer in Maryland, north of D.C. would be Tischer VW, just off the B-W Parkway on rte. 198. Tischer has an excellent service department, and is a large dealer; perhaps the largest in Maryland, in terms of # of cars sold, so his inventory, such as it is, ought to be fairly good.
I wouldn't sweat over a few hundred dollars difference between one dealer and another; after all, it is small potatoes in relation to total ownership costs of a car.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
You only pay tax where you live the dealer here is Sharret VW Contact BoB Kranzler tell him jerry told you about the great deal and see what he will due. Phone 301-739-7700