New car: 2014 Passat TDI SEL / My introduction

klarowe

TDI
2013 Touareg Sport, 2014 Passat SEL
I didn't see an intro area so I figured I'd just post up in here... if I am completely blind and missed the correct section (which is possible), please feel free to move this to the correct place. My name is Kenny and I am from Colonie, NY (Upstate). I finally sold my 2004 Subaru WRX STi and decided to go to a completely different spectrum of cars. Went from full on uncomfortable performance to full on luxury... lol. So far I absolutely love this car and the 40+mpg will be a heck of a lot nicer than the 15mpg max I was getting before.

Pics:

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Congrats on the new TDI! I may have missed it, but which dealer did you buy from? ;)

What kind of travel trailer is that?

Now lose all those Nemar

klarowe

TDI
Yea, those are coming off today.. I'll probably leave the license plate surround on though. It's an XLR 24HFS toy hauler. Roughly 7500lbs. We tow it with my wife's 2013 Touareg TDI. It tows it like no other and we still get 15+mpg while towing. The looks we get are quite humorous though... nobody expects an SUV to be able to tow something that size. Then they get really shocked when we tell them what mileage we still get with it while towing... lol.

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
I can relate to the switch! Welcome to the club! and you will absolutely appreciate the comfort and feel of luxury to the added amazing MPGs... I grey tired of my coil overs and loud ass 3" exhaust once I started doing 70 miles roundtrips to work for the past 3 years!

Enjoy the new whip!

klarowe

TDI
Haha... I was actually just looking at those... lol. I might have to pick up a couple.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
That's a lot of dealer badging on the car.

Nice color. Enjoy the ride!
The answer to a dealer smegging up your nice new car with all that stuff is quite simple. When we picked up our Passat, I'm sitting there with the bill of sale and our check on the desk, and I say "Oh, and just one more thing, no badging." I've never had anyone demur, but if they ever do, I will just say "OK, either it comes off or you knock another $200 off, since we're providing advertising for you." Yep. That'll do it.

klarowe

TDI
Picked up some new shoes for it yesterday. This way I don't have to worry about mounting and dismounting my summer / winter tires every year. And it gives it a little nicer look. Nothing special, just some inexpensive Motegi's

Also replaced all of the interior lighting with LED and put some cleaner Phillips headlights in for a little bit whiter and brighter light. And of course made a whole bunch of VCDS changes... with a few more still to come.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Dealers are shameless, aren't they? I don't really even like manufacturer's badging on my cars. My wagon and Passat only have VW emblems on them, model and TDI are removed.

Nice car. Seems there are some good deals on '14s right now.

FedAgent1896

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
Welcome to the TDI Club...you're gonna love it! I wouldn't take the car off the showroom floor when it arrived until they removed all the dealer badging. I allowed them to keep the front license plate frame, that had their name on it, on the car. When they asked, why I told them advertising isn't free and if they wanted to pay me to advertise their dealership they would have to pay me. They removed everything.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I've been fortunate to never have owned a car that had a dealer badge. Only the license plate frame has ever had the name of the dealer.

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I have no problem with the little badging from my dealer. After getting over $5k off I think it's the least I can do. Besides, I was and still am very happy with the dealer and their service dept. I added a chrome strip to the bottom of my trunk lid and I had to remove the lower half of their badge - it peeled off easily using a hair dryer, then some rubbing alcohol to clean up any glue residue before adding the chrome strip.

Last edited: