Anyone with Slide Hammer?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I am in desperate need of anyone with a Slide Hammer in the North end of toronto tonight or tomorrow morning.

I have to pull one Injector out as it is leaking BAD at the washer. Bad is leaving a trail of Diesel as I drive :(:eek:

If anyone is available to help me with this, let me know 647-296-8767

MrVermin

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have one in my trunk. I am currently near the 427 & QEW and will be driving home along the 401 around 9pm. Let me know if you want to borrow it. But as said, if the injectors were done recently, they should slide out very easily.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Thanks Wingnut, I'll try tonight to see if the injector comes out easilly. I hope it does ;)

Right now the car is parked on the road outside my place and I have a box under it, I looked and it is dripping fuel :mad:

Wish me luck:)

MrVermin

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok fixed it.

I found that it was not actually the injector or the washer, it was the hard fuel line that was not alligned properly. Once I reseated the line and tightened it down it did not leak from the injector top. It did however continue to leak from the torn Fuel Return Line Cap after the injector :(

A fast trip to Crappy Tire found me a replacement part (Ok, I jury rigged something :rolleyes: ) and now there is no more leak :D

Later folks
MrVermin

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Nice! Good job. :) I don't know why people get so anxious at getting their hands on an injector puller. I've pulled my share of injectors, both after being changed, and stock ones after 160+ kKM. Never had a stuck injector. I just take a 15mm wrench, put it on the injector (where the flat parts are) and just wiggle while pulling up. I guess i've been lucky.

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
a puller makes the job SO much easier and faster, with no damage to the injector. It's come in handy a couple of times now, especially on the higher mileage cars with original injectors that have never been removed.