FS: 2003 Jetta GLS 5-spd (Greeneville, TN) $1500

spanky1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2012, platinum grey(6-spd manual)
-2003 Jetta TDI GLS 5-speed manual
- ~349,500 miles
-Platinum grey
Original owner of this one. Southern Car. Been my dailer driver since I bought it in Feb 2003. Found a good deal on a recalled/repaired 2012 TDI, so decided it was time to part with it. Used it for a 75 mile daily commute, and it was dependable.
GOOD:
-Just put new Continental Pure Contact tires on it this summer.
-Timing belt in JAN/FEB 2018
-Intake cleaned in Jan/Feb 2018
-New turbo/oil line intercooler cleaned MAR 2014 (@242k miles)
-New Sachs VR6 single mass flywheel clutch installed in May 2014
-Left axle/right inner cv boot MAR 2014
-outer RF tie rod NOV 2014 (@257k miles)
-sway bar bushings/dogbone engine mount SEP 2013 (@231k miles)
-Front (Monroe)struts/coils/mounts replaced August 2017
-Rear (Monroe)shocks/springs replaced August 2017
Here's the bad/unknown part:
-Although this was my daily commuter, I’ve been slowly losing coolant. Not sure if it’s head gasket(oil looks fine) or possible egr cooler leak. My mechanic felt that the pressure was too high in the coolant tank and relieving coolant slowly through the tank. I added water or water/coolant as necessary which was every week or 2.
- Turbo was replaced in 2014 with new oem unit(I think it was a Garrett, but would have to check the receipts). My mechanic thought it sounded “different” but verified that it was making boost.
-Body is in great shape(no rust that I know of). Paint has some light oxidation in places, but 3M rubbing compound seemed to work wonders.
I’d prefer to sell this to someone that is familiar with these cars. I think it’s underpriced considering the condition. I can send more photos if requested.

Last edited: