www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old October 5th, 2019, 15:08   #1
Lou Como

Default Extended warranty on Mexican 2016 TDI Sportswagen SE

My two-year warranty is soon to expire, and I see where Volkswagen de Mexico lists the 2016 TDI as available for the extended warranty.
The costs listed are about $1,500 to about $2,200 USD for four years or 150,000 kilometers, depending on the mileage.
https://servicio.vw.com.mx/garantia-extendida/
I'm usually not one to buy extended warranties, but I've had to use the original warranty twice already (leaking sunroof and blown radiator) so I may buy one this time.
Any advise is welcome.
Lou Como is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2019, 06:10   #2
thundershorts
Veteran Member

"Do you feel lucky?"
quote Dirty Harry
Old October 17th, 2019, 19:58   #3
jtree

You must live in a different Mexico than me, I can’t imagining any of the dealers I’ve taken my car to for maintenance actually fixing anything under an extended warranty, plus you will still have to go to them for 5,000 peso oil changes.
jtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 21:24   #4
mxtdiguy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Como View Post
My two-year warranty is soon to expire, and I see where Volkswagen de Mexico lists the 2016 TDI as available for the extended warranty.
The costs listed are about $1,500 to about $2,200 USD for four years or 150,000 kilometers, depending on the mileage.
https://servicio.vw.com.mx/garantia-extendida/
I'm usually not one to buy extended warranties, but I've had to use the original warranty twice already (leaking sunroof and blown radiator) so I may buy one this time.
Any advise is welcome.

Thanks for posting this, I'm getting close to my warranty expiration as well.

How did they fix your sunroof ? Did you/do you still have the spider traps in place ?

I don't think Mexican diesel has any bio in it, so a good idea to add lubricity to the tank. They sell Kleen Diesel here.
mxtdiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2019, 12:01   #5
Lou Como

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxtdiguy View Post
Thanks for posting this, I'm getting close to my warranty expiration as well.

How did they fix your sunroof ? Did you/do you still have the spider traps in place ?

I don't think Mexican diesel has any bio in it, so a good idea to add lubricity to the tank. They sell Kleen Diesel here.
They removed the spider traps. I have not really tested the fix except for car washes, as I avoid driving late in the day during rainy season and park under cover.

VW replaced the headliner and the inverter in the cargo area, which was toasted by the leak.
Old October 20th, 2019, 12:15   #6
Lou Como

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtree View Post
You must live in a different Mexico than me, I can’t imagining any of the dealers I’ve taken my car to for maintenance actually fixing anything under an extended warranty, plus you will still have to go to them for 5,000 peso oil changes.
Yes you make good points. I consider myself lucky they honored the 2-year factory warranty.

The roadside-assistance insurance the car came with was worthless. I limped into a VW dealer with a blown radiator far from home. Because I did not call VW insurance beforehand, my claim was denied. Hundreds of dollars in rental car fees and hotels were supposed to be covered, those bastards! This was a third party Mexican insurance company, and the extended warranty is offered through a different third party Mexican insurance company. I'm sure they will be looking to screw me on any potential claims.