dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum
---couldn't resist. Starband was down for maintence so I had to use Webtv. I logged in, then Starband came back up and I had to log in again---I'm sure it's a computer thing, seems that if you use a different service that's what you have to do.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
dparnell,

I'm not familiar with Webtv, but are you using the same system for both, or are theyseparte? Do they use the same browser? If either of the above items are different, that would definatly explain why you had to log in twice (different system).

BTW what does the new look look like under WebTV? It was something I was unable to test for.

Fred

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Fred, they are TOTALLY different systems---Starband is via satellite and WebTV is via phone line.
The site looks pretty much the same on WebTv---only bigger because it's displayed on our 61" TV.
We've networked our Starband and both my wife and I are on line when we 1st get up---her remark was something like we've gotten too dependant on our computers but they're fun

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
That is what I thought. I wasn't sure if you had tied the two together somehow. Anyways, they are two different systems, that is why you had to log in twice.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
anytime you have a different ISP/host, you need to login. When I use the computer at my neighbor's house, I have to login. It also depends on your preference settings. If you have the UBB store your login and password as a cookie, you will never need to login.