Polo 1.4 TDI cold start judder and blue/white smoke

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
No worries, glad to help a fellow 3 pot engine owner out! The reason I say the misfire may fix itself is that the one of the runners on the intake manifold has a slight advantage to the path of flow for the air (or oil in this case). I think this runner goes to cylinder 3 (if that's the one closest to the battery). There's a possiblity the majority of this oil is going to cylinder 3, hence the misfire in that cylinder alone.

I may be wrong, but that's my analogy. We'll find out soon enough!

Ash :)

don_iffy

TDI
'04 Polo 1422cc 3cyl PD75 (AMF)
Hello guys!

Sorry i havent given any updates its because ive had to work nearly two weeks in a row without anytime to get my car checked out.

I have just found out something else there are two pipes going from the N75 housing block going to the turbo an i just rubbed a couple of my fingers around it and there is alot of oil leaking there its coming rom the turbo i think.

don_iffy

TDI
'04 Polo 1422cc 3cyl PD75 (AMF)
Hi Guys,

would you be kind and tell me if the engine is gone if...when started i open the oil cap and lot of smoke is coming out and when i take the dipstick there is smoke coming from there too I have asked a couple of mechanics and they said my engine is gone and that I need a new one lol. If that is the case does anyone know what other engine I can fit in my polo something thats a bit quicker and will take a beating?