Vibration under acceleration

TDI
2012 Golf
I have a 2012 Golf TDI that vibrates or shutters under acceleration. I changed the fuel filter today in hopes that would fix it, and it did not. I could really use some advice.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Hmm is she an CPO? Or formerly buy back car? If so, they should be covered under warranty.

It could be several things... from tire to rim to transmission or engine.... its hard to pinpoint from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Face76

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW TDI
I am no expert, but would it really be a CV joint if the vibration is only when acceleration is applied?
I had a CV go years ago. It was slightly noticeable while cruising, but terrible upon acceleration. I guess it depends on how broken it is?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MTjake

Veteran Member
TDI
Some had issues with the MKVI cv axles. If warranty doesn't cover it, then look to Raxles or The Driveshaft Shop for replacements.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I had something similar to that on my '13 JSW and the tech was blown away when he discovered both front coil springs were broken into two pieces.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Do you have aftermarket wheels? If so you might need hub centric rings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
How much play do your motor mounts have? Motor mounts are usually a likely suspect or vibration under a load. Easy to diagnose, just get a pry bar and see how hard it is to move the mounts.

heups1629

TDI
2014 JSW
I used to have a car that would get ice buildup in the rims, and throw the balance off. It would shudder and shake at certain speeds. If it seems like it shaking from a corner of the car, one of the wheels could be out of balance.

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
I just found out I had a bent/out of true rim from the factory. Shook around 40-45.