2003 Monsoon. . .sounds like a blown speaker

Doublefelix

Veteran Member
Allentown, PA. Do they grow rice in Germany?
I just picked up a 2003 TDI Golf with the Monsoon CD/Tape. The problem is it sounds like the speaker is blown on the right side. I think it is the speaker by the rear right door handle.
My question is. . .there is many discussions on Monsoon problems but after searching, it doesn't sound like my problem matches everyone else's.
Is this the same problem? It seems like everything else is working properly.
Thanks for the help.

Jettnit

I have a 02k, and had the rear speakers looked at due to something rattling in the door.They said that they found the problem in the door handle assembly. Well there fix did not last long!! When it starts rattling it gives off the sound of a blown speaker! It only happens when certain music is playing. The speakers sound great other than that rattle. The speaks are of good quality and have not faltered under heavy use since new! If by chance it is blown, a new one should do the trick without future problems.

Snowman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My 2001 Jetta TDI with Monsoon had exactly the same thing. I have an audio/video background and could tell that it was not a blown speaker. It came from the right rear side as well. They never could find out the reason and it eventually went away.

TurnpikeMan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Indigo Blue
Just wondering...
Have all of you fixed the wiring error on the Monsoon system?? It seems the VW made an error in the wiring from the factory! The problem is that the bass on one of the sides is off!

Not sure if it also includes the 2003's but mine was incorrect. I have a 2002 VW golf production date 10/2001.
I fixed it myself, its simple! If you want Ill find the write-up for it for you guys!!

Doublefelix

Veteran Member
Allentown, PA. Do they grow rice in Germany?
It is coming from the small "tweeter" in the door.
Sounds like there is too much bass to it but does it only on certain notes. . .Not Bass, but High mids.
It is really annoying because it only does it at certain parts of songs that hit specific notes.
It does it at the same place in the song every time I play it and for every CD that I try so it isn't the cd, or just a fluke.