New injector nozzle install link?

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Read the procedure on Kerma's site today. He makes mention of a link on this site, I did a search but nothing came up. Anyone know where the link is that shows how to do this with pics? Sounds pretty straight forward, but I would like to review it before I take the plunge. Thanks!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Wow my computer locks up every time I try to look at the pdf at this site. Dunno what that is all about. The GeWilli link pops right up though....

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Thanks guys, Looks like a nice Sunday Project! Kerma, I got the nozzels today, they arrived very quickly and in great shape, Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Somewhat difficult to answer. Chips and injectors need to be matched to a high degree. For example, Upsolute chip for stock TDI + any larger injector means lots of smoke. Get the Upsolute chip for .205's and very little smoke. I have RocketChip ALH III in my car with PP520's and I only have a smoke issue if I transition rapidly on the throttle.

Best injector/chip also depends on your goal. There are higher power options than I have, but I wanted good drivability and increased power. For maximum power I would go up a level on my RocketChip, but I don't feel any urge for that.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
[ QUOTE ]
What is the best all around nozzle for a chipped 5 speed 02 TDI?

[/ QUOTE ] Your clutch will slip with larger nozzles and a chip, plan accordingly.

-Jack

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Once again, thanks for the help guys! New injectors are in. I got Kerma Sprint 520's. All I can say is Holy $hit!!! what an improvement. This was a breeze. I was a bit nervous on the first injector, but once I did one, it was a piece of cake. Follow the .PDF posted above and you can do it. Hands down the best upgrade I have ever made to any VW for so little money. I adjusted my IQ to get to 4.8% and it runs really, really good. Is it true it will run better as the days progress? I thought I remember seeing something here about the injectors breaking in or is that just new injectors and not nozzels? Doesn't the ECU adapt a bit too? Either way I am happy! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gifThanks again!

dieselt

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 2000, green
Changing to bigger injectors always seems to be instant gratification....enjoy /images/graemlins/grin.gif