St. Louis Is Finalizing A Proposal for TDIFest 2014

Will you attend TDIFest IN St. Louis in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bherman13

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 BRM 5spd
Holy cow! First year of owning a TDI and TDIFest comes to my back yard? Count me in!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Aw crap!! First time the Fest is this close and I already have plans. Wife bought tickets for my birthday and didn't notice what day they are for. Sooooo, I'm going to be in chilly SF for those days.

Hope everything goes off without a hitch and it's a great Fest!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Aw crap!! First time the Fest is this close and I already have plans. Wife bought tickets for my birthday and didn't notice what day they are for. Sooooo, I'm going to be in chilly SF for those days.

Hope everything goes off without a hitch and it's a great Fest!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone
So change your reservations. It is easy if you fly Southwest and no charge. Lot's of time to make the change. San Francisco will be there, the TDIFest is only once a year!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
So change your reservations. It is easy if you fly Southwest and no charge. Lot's of time to make the change. San Francisco will be there, the TDIFest is only once a year!
Oh, don't think I didn't ponder that very thought! She knows I like Star Wars and the 31 Aug is Star Wars day (R2D2 beanie). I have seriously thought about swapping for different weekend, but this is a present from my wife. She was thoughtful and got something special to me, so I can't really change it. Unless she decides to make the offer, we will be in California that weekend.

I'm pumped and bummed at the same time. :):(

Jason

Last edited:

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Just throwing this out there.

Has there ever been a dyno at a Fest?

Also, would anyone be interested in pitching in for a dyno?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just throwing this out there.

Has there ever been a dyno at a Fest?

Also, would anyone be interested in pitching in for a dyno?
I have considered it for two Fests... the first time power wasn't available within a reasonable distance, and the second time the pricing structure didn't work out. It's not outside the realm of possibility and there is usually enough interest to justify it.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Kentucky had one it was off site.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Emoticons

Definition of METER (not metre) :confused::eek::(:rolleyes::eek: < Yuri,maybe one of these emoticons :D

As a noun -

1: an instrument for measuring and sometimes recording the time or amount of something <a parking meter> <a gas meter>
2: Postage meter also : a marking printed by a postage meter
3: dynamometer used for measuring TDI HP and Torque at fests

As a transitive verb -

1: to measure by means of a meter
2: to supply in a measured or regulated amount
3: to print postal indicia on by means of a postage meter
4: to measure TDI HP and Torque at fests by means of a dynamometer :D

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
YES at the Fort Atkinson WI fest Topols garage had one.

Note the question was at the fest. There have been opportunities off site at some fests.

Last edited:

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
I have seen mobile dynos, but have no idea what something like that would cost or if there would be enough interest to justify having one there.

Edit: Google is your friend: http://www.tracklab.biz/html/dynojet.html
I'm just trying to get an idea of how many are interested and would commit, I would personally love to have one there.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, go ahead and shoot me a PM. Hopefully we can make this happen with the numbers you throw at me!

sdubois

TDI
2000 Jetta, White
Everything is still on, we're just working on scavenger hunt places etc and waiting for TDI fest, if I recall correctly

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Did Fred even receive a proposal yet? You can't just throw this together in the last min. Time is ticking a away.

I think it's more important to worry about a hotel than a dyno. The odds are that it will be off site if we do have one. Because of Ins reason.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
I'll put this on the calendar and see if I can make it down there. It's not too far for me.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Dynamometer? I thought you guys in the U.S. still use Imperial measuring units?
Yuri
Definition of METER (not metre)

As a noun -
3: dynamometer used for measuring TDI HP and Torque at fests

As a transitive verb -
4: to measure TDI HP and Torque at fests by means of a dynamometer :D
Andy, I think the definition of "dyne" was the gist of Yuri's post, not of "meter". "Dyne" is a unit of force equal to 1/100000 newton (which is S.I., not imperial) hence Yuri's incredulity that 'murricans would use a 'foreign' unit of measure.

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Did Fred even receive a proposal yet? You can't just throw this together in the last min. Time is ticking a away.
I think it's more important to worry about a hotel than a dyno. The odds are that it will be off site if we do have one. Because of Ins reason.
The hotel has been taken care of from what I gathered from the meeting.

dozenspeed is taking the lead on most of this, I am just volunteering to take on smaller aspects. I'm just throwing things out there to get an estimate so I can decide to further pursue elements of the fest or to dump them out the window.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
St. Louis is by no means the official location of TDIFest 2014. There is a lot of administrative stuff that needs to happen, but Fred needs to receive and approve a proposal for the event *first*.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
St. Louis is by no means the official location of TDIFest 2014. There is a lot of administrative stuff that needs to happen, but Fred needs to receive and approve a proposal for the event *first*.
so let's get this rolling so everybody is not running around at the last minute or change the place so people that could make it now can't because of the location. Would like to know if this is going to happen :)

MonsterTDI09

TDI
so let's get this rolling so everybody is not running around at the last minute or change the place so people that could make it now can't because of the location. Would like to know if this is going to happen :)
Second that^^^^

Dozenspeed has not been on the site since 2/19/14. Is he in or out. Sorry if a little rude but time is a wasting.

Last edited: