St. Louis Is Finalizing A Proposal for TDIFest 2014

Will you attend TDIFest IN St. Louis in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlankThis

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
To anyone around Montreal or between Montreal and St-Louis wanting to go to the Fest this year but is daunted by the drive, get in touch with me. Willing to use my car (trust me, she'll make it) but looking for a co-driver to lighten the drive and hopefully cannonball the trip in one shot.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Well you all said running a Fest would be tough....too tough for me it seems, I cannot go on like this. I found out a couple weeks ago I have to pick up stake after 13 years and move. I worked almost 70 hours last week to just keep the bills paid. At least you all have the Tom and the rest of crew to take care of business this year and over 4 months to prepare, it's just all too much for me now. Good luck to all you guys and gals, see ya around sometime I guess.
OMG!!! MY heart sank!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I've actually been working 60+ hour weeks for the past few months. I didn't see 4/1/14 post until today so I wan't expecting that "news".
As I read it I mentally was ressurecting my ideas for a regional, late summer fund raiser event.
And then I read the next post and have shelved those local thoughts again.
Dozen, you did have me going for the duration it took to read your post.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Waiting on a few loose ends to be tied up... should be good to go after our site visit at the end of the month.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yep. We'll be getting into town on Monday night, leaving on Wednesday morning or afternoon.

Jogglebot

TDI
MK6 TDI
It's cool that I don't know crap about cars and am a slave to my platinum warranty (i.e. not touching a damn thing on it until 2016)? I'm not too far away.

Very tempting...

jobothehobo23

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI STG3(SOLD) 2002 GTI 1.8T Stg 2 (RIP) 2001 Built VR6 GTI (SOLD) 2002 Jetta ALH - Just nozzled for now.
Tdi fest 2014!

I sure am excited for this!
Never gone to a TDIFest but i really want to go to this one!
It would be 40hrs.... 2,260 miles according to Google for me to make it out there tho...
so....4 fill ups each way @ $45 each plus two for the event is 450 bucks in fuel alone! :eek:

so 1k (on the cheap side) for the adventure pretty much :p
Time to start saving!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It would be 40hrs.... 2,260 miles according to Google for me to make it out there tho...
so....4 fill ups each way @ $45 each plus two for the event is 450 bucks in fuel alone! :eek:

Time to start saving!
That sounds about right. $1000 well-spent in my opinion! :cool:

Hitting the road to St. Louis for some Fest planning in about 15 minutes. :D

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI

Time to start saving!
We will have an award for longest distance traveled! That might go to you!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
They have that award ever year there are others to.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
He would be in the running.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Howdy folks! Just wanted give an honest weather report of the actual weather conditions on this here day of Intended TDI Fest; for those who (understandably) had/have concerns this place would be like a Finnish sauna at Labor day. I always said it's a lottery and to cross your fingers, probably because that's how ALL of us here anticipate ALL weather here. :rolleyes:

Anyway, at the moment (10:30am local time) it is 79F, overcast, a bit humid. It might rain and it might not. Once or 4 times, commonly in small amounts of volume or time. We never know, but it could just as likely washout or be 65F on wednesday. At any rate, it isn't supposed to breach 90F all weekend. So not delicious, but not miserable. :)

PS, overall this has been the second-coolest summer here on record in 120+ years of records, and summers have mellowed out here in recent years. :cool:

That's all, thanks.

touaregv10tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDi,2000 Beetle TDi, 2016 BMW X5 Diesel, 2004 Touareg V10 TDi,2015 Beetle TDi, 2005 Jetta TDi
Is there an exact date for the fest , or has it past yet ? I am 40 miles west of St Louis , for sure I will attend to this fest if ever happens.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Is there an exact date for the fest , or has it past yet ? I am 40 miles west of St Louis , for sure I will attend to this fest if ever happens.
You don't come around much do you?
The St Louis Fest was canceled! It had been schedule for Labor Day weekend first time is 14 years a Fest was not held......:(

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
A more civil answer is: No, there is no exact date for any fest.
There has been a tradition of holding the event on Labor / Labour Day weekend as that is a long weekend for both US and Canada, but there have been exceptions, notably the 2001 event which was scheduled for mid-September to co-incide with Speed Week at the Bonneville salt flats.
And a 2015 might still be nearby to you. Stay tuned.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Be nice. Even I didn't realize it was canceled until you posted that. Had to go back and read through a few posts to find it. But I definately understand the frustrations. I would have been much more angry had I decided to cancel my SF trip for the Fest. And that was a close decision.

It sucks because this was the closest I would have been to a fest. Darn near got longest distance last year and my dad got longest distance to Montreal (I drove up from So Florida to meet him in Alabama then rode with him to fest).

FWIW I hope it makes it to St Louis or Chicago 2015. I could stretch vacation and see some baseball! :)

Jason

Last edited:

Bugwithaltitude

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Blue Lagoon New Beetle GLS TDI
I did not realize it was canceled...what happened? I was hoping I could make it to next year's Fest if it's relatively close to me.