loss of power after fuel filter??

benieto

TDI
2005 tdi changed my fuel filter 2 weeks ago everything was fine now it feels like theres a loss of fuel for power on acceleration anyone no whats up wit it.??

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
2005 tdi changed my fuel filter 2 weeks ago everything was fine now it feels like theres a loss of fuel for power on acceleration anyone no whats up wit it.??
doubt a filter change would take 2 weeks to manifest a problem. my guess is that something is a miss with your turbo. underboost is my guess. if you still get the same fuel economy and its only prevalent under heavy acceleration.

if your mileage is down maybe a coolant temp sensor is off. i know mine will cut power till it reaches operating temp. But by no means am a a tdi mechanic.
easiest would be to watch your boost, fuel pressure, timing. Maybe an injector is failing.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
well unless your tank had algae in it and you used some additive that partially dissolved it and it restricted the filter. but i think you would get fuel cut if that were the case.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Check the camshaft. That's one of the common issues. Does it run poorly? Have you connected vagcom?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk