Passat CC - Won't start

Cormac1982

TDI
Passat CC 2010 2.0TDI 140BHP 6sp Manual
Hi all,
2010 Passat CC 2.0TDI 140BHP, 6 speed Manual, Bluemotion.

Randomly refused to start over a week ago, goes like this:

At ignition, first message on OSD says 'Button for driver assistant defective' followed by 'Brake Fault Workshop' and brake light flashing on dash. When I attempt to start engine she does turn over and start easily but immediately shuts off again followed by 'Oil Pressure: Engine off!' on OSD. Oil level is fine, at the max on the stick. Tried to connect 2 different ODB code readers but I cannot connect to ODB interface. The ODB port is getting power. Went like this for a few days, same result every time I try to start engine. I do not have an aftermarket radio (read here about the k-line effecting ODB). Someone suggested disconnected the battery for a while to see if the computer would reset but no change apart from the radio looking for the unlock code. Had a mechanic friend come take a look and amazingly (or embarrassingly!) she started first time no problem, no error messages except for an AirBag light but strangely the radio wasn't asking for the code anymore!!! ODB port also working and not showing any faults. So away I went thinking it was a random computer problem that sorted itself but the next day the problem returned and hasn't started since. The only new symptom is that the radio says "Battery low radio off" when turned on but seeing as the engine can turn over with ease suggests that battery is fine. Checked the connection to the terminals and seems good.

The car has been somewhat idle the past 2 months but was driven a week before this occurred. One possible suggestion has been dampness in the car (recently valeted including seat cleaning) causing the airbag under the seat to malfunction and mess up the electrical system! Another suggestion has been a faulty CCV valve but I don't know how to check this. Unfortunately the car is parked in a difficult place where I can't get a tow truck to it!

Any suggestions welcomed!

Smythy

TDI
Mk6 Golf
Was this issue ever resolved? Have a simular problem with my 2012 mk6 golf 1.6 TDi

Car starts immediately and switches of and reads error message
- Driver assistance button faulty
- Error brakes workshop

Have tried a few different diagnostic but they wont connect, no communication to controller,

Have checked all fuses and all are good,