Windshield Washer Hose

TDI 4 RD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI Pkg 1
Mine has broken, like everyone else. The funny thing is, the darn washers still work fine, because everytime I close the hood, the hose seals back up tight enough to get good pressure.

So my approach: do nothing! :D

10then34

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
TDI 4 RD said:
Mine has broken, like everyone else. The funny thing is, the darn washers still work fine, because everytime I close the hood, the hose seals back up tight enough to get good pressure.

So my approach: do nothing! :D
That condition will last until you are on the interstate at about 10F in slop weather with the trucks throwing dirt-laded muck onto your windshield and 150mi to go.

10then34

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
hid3 said:
How long does your car has the factory warranty? Here in Europe VW gives 2 years warranty without mileage restriction.
Yeah, but the solution they install is as crappy as the original product. My time is too valuable to waste it at the dealer getting unneccessary work done.

TDI 4 RD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI Pkg 1
10then34 said:
That condition will last until you are on the interstate at about 10F in slop weather with the trucks throwing dirt-laded muck onto your windshield and 150mi to go.
This condition has lasted 40,000 miles of interstate commuting so far (I do 1K a week). But just in case, I have a length of flexible tubing and some zip ties in the back. Until necessary, I'll leave it well-enough alone.

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
maloosheck said:
:D My bumper was removed several times and it still looks like installed in the factory. I do not know how you want to notice .5 mm bias, since it can be dirt between bumper and chassis making that difference. Not sure if this is attributable to German Engineering, but the fitting of parts in my VW is not random. I can reinstall things back to their factory position.
maloosheck, firstly you're an exception since you're an extremely good mechanic who came not from Earth :D Well, those who buy cars (here) often come to see a car with a mechanic/expert. The bias might be seen visually from different angles (I think that's what everyone looks first at). Also it's popular to measure paint thickness using a special pocket meter. repainted parts have much thicker paint than the factory ones.

Anyway, I prevented that washer hose failure folding it with black electrical tape...

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
I know this is a reallly old thread but here goes. My car sat for 10 mos while I was deployed and I imagine the hose dried and cracked.

How hard is it to run new vacuum hose? Where does the vacuum go, on the passenger side, after it comes down from the hood area? Would I need to raid the car to access this section? Thank you!

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
If you are referring to the windshield washer hose, it fails at the passenger side hinge on the underside of the hood. Slip a piece of hose with an ID the same as the OD of the washer hose. I used a little silicone caulk on each end before sliding it on to aid sealing. Think of it as an overlay splice, your original hose should just about be butted together. Good luck, John

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
The problem is I can't figure out where the hose goes to after it exits from the hood assembly. Once I figure that out should be pretty straight forward. And thanks for your response! =)

If you are referring to the windshield washer hose, it fails at the passenger side hinge on the underside of the hood. Slip a piece of hose with an ID the same as the OD of the washer hose. I used a little silicone caulk on each end before sliding it on to aid sealing. Think of it as an overlay splice, your original hose should just about be butted together. Good luck, John