Mk4 golf wheel color

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Hey all,

I at a loss of a finish or color scheme for my wheels. I got a good deal on Audi fat fives at a local euro salvage yard. They were pretty rough so I had them sand blasted.

So my question is what color to paint them? The car is reflex silver but I’m thinking of going with nardo gray with the body. Now I don’t want to just go black as I’ve done that with too many wheels already. Was thinking of polishing them but never been a fan of that look for myself.

Thanks

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I like black with silver based on my current look.

Gunmetal looks nice too. There is a dark bronze color that looks interesting too.

These wheels also look great polished. Then some sort of gunmetal tint would look really nice but would probably be costly to do.

Have a look at the HRE website as they have a huge range of colors that you can look at to get some ideas.

www.hrewheels.com

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I like black with silver based on my current look.

Gunmetal looks nice too. There is a dark bronze color that looks interesting too.

These wheels also look great polished. Then some sort of gunmetal tint would look really nice but would probably be costly to do.

Have a look at the HRE website as they have a huge range of colors that you can look at to get some ideas.

www.hrewheels.com

Thanks for the info!

Trying to go a little more differant than staying safe with black. The car is going to be used more track and some street not an everyday driver. Appreciate any input. Thanks for the site!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
For reflex silver, you could go with white, platinum gray, or the same reflex silver. I think any of those 3 would work. Polished fat fives work great to me, but if you don't really like the look, that is just fine. To each his own, and isn't that the whole point?

On the other hand, you are the one driving the car, so you are the one that should make the choice, I think.

Cheers,

PH

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I have white in my Jetta right now and they do look good. I am eventually going to go nardo gray with the body though so I’ve been think maybe a copper or gun metal color. Hard to decide on that perfect color scheme.

smopoim86

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 11 Sportwagen
If it's going to get some track time, keep in mind how dusty performance pads are. Stick with something that doesn't look awful with brake dust, unless you love cleaning more than driving.

I know I've given up on trying to keep the wheels looking decent with track/performance pads. A few days of driving and the silver starts looking charcoal.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I’m thinking I may just got with a dark carbon gray or satin black. I’ve looked at many cars and no matter what those 2 colors look the best and can hide brake dust for sure. I hate cleaning anything haha.