does ANYBODY have a alternator-pulley specialty tool

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
hey does anybody have a alternator clutch pulley specialty tool. I can pay for the rental fee, i really dont want to change out a whole alternator based off of a 65$ bad pulley, problem is i need to drive the car this weekend, so with that i dont have time to order a tool in and wait a week then do the job so i will have to fork out lots of wasted $$ for a whole alternator with a pulley attached and install whole unit rather than what truly needs to be fixed the pulley itself.

Located in Hamilton/burlington area willing to drive 45 min to Toronto or Niagara to get

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I posted in your other post, but also consider putting in a used alternator if needed, try Justin @ next generation in Thorold, he may have one.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Check car-part.com and find the closest junk yard that has your alternator.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I had the tool, but loaned it to someone and never got it back. And since I have loaned out many tools to many people over the years, I can't remember that last person that I gave it to.

So if that person happens to read this, feel free to contact the OP and lend him the tool. Then he can get it back to me at some point.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
got the job done, took me 4 hours but i did it first time, i went to princess and bought there kit, unfortunately, i had to remove the whole alternator as the princess part was to big to fit with the alternator attached to the engine still.....