Buying prevously tuned 15 Golf

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That is true, what are your thoughts on parts availability for these cars? I worry a little about the low VIO. What I don't want to have to do is have a voided warranty and have to buy parts from the dealer lol, that just adds insult to injury. I am a Bosch WD and in Bosch Advantage they show the injectors and HPFP but both are out of stock. What do you think about components like the DPF, HP fuel lines, etc? I don't specialize in diesel or euro so I am sure you have much better connections that I do in that aspect.
We're not worried in the least about parts availability in the aftermarket moving forward. There are lots and lots of these cars and engines in use worldwide, and we've been sourcing many products not distributed in the US direct from Europe for several years. I don't see any reason to become dependent on dealers for anything other than body and trim pieces, and not even some of those.

If you're a Bosch WD then you know their supply chain is broken. Has been for some time. Don't look to Bosch as representative of parts availability. If everyone was like them we'd all be walking. (Rant over).

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
Well unfortunately I already have to put my warranty status to the test! My DEF injector line is leaking. I think they messed it up a couple days ago when they did phase 2 because it has only leaked a little bit.

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Well unfortunately I already have to put my warranty status to the test! My DEF injector line is leaking. I think they messed it up a couple days ago when they did phase 2 because it has only leaked a little bit.

That should be covered, I think. Problems arise when turbos go, engine or drivetrain components fail.

If your radio goes on the fritz, VWOA will not argue that the tune did that.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well. If they deny this because of the tune then I can pretty much assume that they are going to likely deny anything on this car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
time for a delete and a malone tune!

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Unfortunately we have diesel emissions where I live. If it comes down to it I will just have to register it to my grand parents house or something without diesel emissions and take it all off!

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
My dealer said that when it was there last week for phase 2 it had a leak and the tech replaced the seal in the line and what was still there was residual from the previous repair. I am not convinced, but they claim it isn't leaking anymore. But at the same time it was only a little bit and it didn't seem to be increasing in "snowball" size. I guess I will just keep an eye on it.

They didn't mention the tune at all.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Unfortunately we have diesel emissions where I live. If it comes down to it I will just have to register it to my grand parents house or something without diesel emissions and take it all off!

In UT?

Sniff test or ODB scan? anything via ODB can "made proper" to pass any test.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Does your injector look like this (pre- Phase 2 fix):

or this (post- Phase2 fix on my car):

The latter suggests a leak (which, to their credit, they promptly replaced with no guff).

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Does your injector look like this (pre- Phase 2 fix):

or this (post- Phase2 fix on my car):

The latter suggests a leak (which, to their credit, they promptly replaced with no guff).

Mine is a very slow small leak but same idea, however it looks to me like it might be leaking out of the top of the injector body rather than the line. Hard to say though, I am taking it back next week so they can try again.

Dubin20th

TDI
2015 Jetta
Mine is a very slow small leak but same idea, however it looks to me like it might be leaking out of the top of the injector body rather than the line. Hard to say though, I am taking it back next week so they can try again.
There is a tsb for this issue, requires replacement of the line due to the seal inside the line leaking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, the tech said he took the line off and replaced the seal when it was in for Phase 2. I don’t think that is an official VW repair for that issue though.