VCDS to dim dashboard lights. NMS

Drnknmnky13

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5spd, 2014 Passat DSG
So I've been searching the internet and this site for a bit now. Maybe I'm wording it wrong. I want to be able to dim the dashboard/instrument panel lighting lower than the default setting. I have it on the lowest setting and it's still too bright for my preferences.

I have heard mention of being able to adjust it in VCDS. But I haven't been able to find a setting in VCDS, or anything online about it.

I've seen changing colors, disabling DRLs, and even people talking about dimming the panel. But nothing on doing it.

So I'm turning to you good folks.

2014 Passat.

Thank you.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
It's not something I've tried to do, but if you purchased your VCDS new then you get free tech support from Ross-Tech. I'd ask them.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
It's not something I've tried to do, but if you purchased your VCDS new then you get free tech support from Ross-Tech. I'd ask them.

It also has to be a GENUINE Ross-Tech VCDS. You have to set up an access account using your registered serial number. You'll get no help with an eBay knock off !

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
This is not something you can adjust with a scan tool. You might be able to modify the dimmer switch though.

-J