displays and how to get them.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
Different displays and how to get them? I was looking at my selectable display a while back and was seeing oil temperature as part of the driving data. It is now gone and replaced by climate information, fan settings, mirror heaters etc. I didn't set out to change this. It somehow changed itself or I inadvertently did it myself. Is there a guide somewhere that lets me program what is displayed in all the menu folders? I'm not seeing it in the owners manual.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Can't explain that change, but you can add items to the selectable menu list using VCDS.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I think you are talking about Polar FIS

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
Probably should get me a VCDS, two '15 tdi's and a '16 Tiguan probably justifies the cost. Polar FIS? Just the standard display that you can show the compass, speed etc.....

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
aren't these options configurable via the radio/nav/console... whatever it's called???

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
aren't these options configurable via the radio/nav/console... whatever it's called???
For the options factory-installed on the menu, yes, but you can add configurable options to the menu via VCDS.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
For the options factory-installed on the menu, yes, but you can add configurable options to the menu via VCDS.
but i think OP is looking for oil temp, and where it went. i see oil temp in my display, and haven't done any vcds on those options.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I have oil temp as well, it's in the driving data. Once you are in the driving data screen you toggle to whatever you want. One set of arrows gets you to driving data then the other set selects which data you see. It is confusing at first because you have four sets of arrows, two sets on each side of the steering wheel. Not sure if this helps the OP or if they already know this and it just is not there anymore.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
but i think OP is looking for oil temp, and where it went. i see oil temp in my display, and haven't done any vcds on those options.
Yes, you are quite right. I added an item to the Car/Setup/Multifunction Display menu with VCDS and couldn't remember if it was Oil Temp or something else. I just checked and it was "Refuel Quantity", which turns out to be a totally useless value the way it is displayed.

What will be interesting for the OP is to see if the "Oil Temp" option has disappeared from the Car/Setup/Multifunction Display menu or if it was still there but somehow unchecked without the OP's input. Even more interesting will be to see if some sort of HVAC display option has appeared in the menu!

Last edited:

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, you are quite right. I added an item to the Car/Setup/Multifunction Display menu with VCDS and couldn't remember if it was Oil Temp or something else. I just checked and it was "Refuel Quantity", which turns out to be a totally useless value the way it is displayed.

What will be interesting for the OP is to see if the "Oil Temp" option has disappeared from the Car/Setup/Multifunction Display menu or if it was still there but somehow unchecked without the OP's input. Even more interesting will be to see if some sort of HVAC display option has appeared in the menu!
This is what happened. I don't have the oil temp display on the driving data as I once had. I now have HVAC. I have spent some time trying to see If I can make any changes with what is available to me via the menu's bot it just isn't there. I must have somehow changed the original selection but I can't replicate it now to go back. HVAC....who cares?