Nice look--one request

Steve

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Sportwagon TDI
I also like the posts arranged by categories. I've been giving it a few days to see if I get used to it, but...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
The listing is currently sorted from the most recent to oldest postings. IF there is enough demand, I'll look into seeing IF it is possible to Catagorize the listings first. No guarenties, but I'll try....

Post here which way you prefer.

BongoBrains

Veteran Member
TDI
01' Golf GLS Silver/Blk
(As I've already stated in the 'Changes' thread), I prefer the old system, with messages sorted by topic.

...posting preference here (again) by request...

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
The new look is nice, but the way topics are organized sucks. I like the old system of just one big long list.

John Kuhn

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 red JSW TDI base model
Fred,

Thanks to you (and the moderators) for all your work with the Website. It is really excellent!

I have one request with the new look: Would it be possible to arrange todays active topics by category the way they used to be? Some of the categories I am not interested in and it takes much longer to see what topics are up for the day. It would also help if a separate entry would not be made each time a topic is posted to. Just a minor thing--I enjoy it anyway.

Got the first 1000 miles on my '01 Golf GLS today. Second fill was 49.7 mpg--I couldn't be more pleased with the car!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Dave, I believe "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", is often true. However, in this case it may not be totatly true.
A number of different changes all happened over the weekend. The backend setup was change, forums software was added, new forums were added, and a new look was implemented.
The backend was revamped for eaiser updates
The forum software was upgraded for more features and faster performance and to fix security holes.
New forums were added for the requests of many.
New look was added. This is very subjective if it is better, but the original look was implemented in '96 and had become a bit disjointed. Things are grouped together with the new formating. The html was also optimized more to load quicker than the previous version.

VwDieselRules, we are now well over 30 forums, this list is getting longer and longer. I've tried to group things in a logical manner. If you have better suggestions on the grouping, please let me know.

Also, please write your opinions here on how you feel the "today's active topics" should be sorted. By latest, or by forum?

Cheers,

Fred

boyelectric

Veteran Member
When posting replies, can the default setting for "Show signature" be turned off, or ideally, be user controllable to default on or off as he or she wishes?
-a-

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
boyelectric, Show Signature box should now be unchecked as a default. (Had lots of requests for this)

aketay

Veteran Member
Man did I freak out!!! Took a half hour to search the site and find the old familiar stuff. Haven't been here since DEC or JAN, but change is good. Changed profile to reflect new toy purchased with two years of fuel efficient dependable transportation.

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
I have a modest suggestion...

For threads with multiple pages: When you click on an active topic list element or when you go back to a thread after posting, it would be nice to go to the final page instead of the first page.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
With the display of the "todays active topics" and what page you jump to, I am at the mercy of the developers of UBB. I've done some of the other bug fixes myself. Those to items along with getting a Whos Online section working are at the top of my list. I also removed the "Bigger Picture" catagory to try and get most of the forums together in one section. Misc, GTG & Members Gallery sections remain separated as we are currently at 34 sections. Hopefully this will make things a little easier to browse.

PLEASE send me or post in the new section any comments, complaints, suggestions, etc you have. I'm trying to get an interface here that works the best for most.

Thanks

Fred

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
I like the way the active topics is now. By most recent works for me. I didn't use it at all before. How about making it so we could pick cat. or most recent?