2006 tdi new beetle

Harry27048

TDI
New Beetle
Anyone have a guide on replacing Timing Belt. Got one off myturbodiesel. Must be a Golf they used for pics. Not the same,similar maybe on somethings. Help Please Thanks:confused:

Last edited:

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
Other than the radiator lacking a drain you will find that the procedure is pretty similar. You will have to remove the fuel filter and secure the hoses out of the way.. but you don't have to deal with the power steering reservoir.. so it's kind of a trade off. Other than the harmonic balancer bolts being tripple square and much shorter than those allens included in some of the kits... you will not notice any differences. If you have yet to start, you may want to get some correct length allens first.

Not sure if it is the same on the jetta, but the beetle has access holes from the fender well to get at the mount bolts so it's easy to access them.

Only thing I planned ahead for the second time vs. the first... I bought an engine hanger bar from China Freight. Not playing that balance the engine on a jack game again... almost went south on me. I have another 50k to go till I get a chance to try it out.

Last edited: