NMS Passat Subframe options ? Would mk5 fit?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Anyone know if the mk5 subframe is a direct bolt on to the nms platform?

Reason why I ask is because when I was replacing my front control arm
Bushings nobody makes “tt” style bushings (fully filled).

I tried to use the mk4 TT replacements but they are slightly bigger.

The mk5 uses a different style control arms and have TT bushings available.

Any info is appreciated

Thanks

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
quick update...

i tried installing a mk5 rabbit subframe. (different from b6 passat since the rabbit subframe control arm brackets can be seperated)

4 out of 6 subframe bolts line up but the 2 rear bolt holes closest to the exhaust dont line up.

so thats a no go.

i will be also trying a b6 passat subframe. (one piece)

I have also been reading that swapping subframes can affect geometry of the alignment.

will report back

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
The NMS and mk7 are new platforms for me, I am still learning so I might be wrong.

Wiki says the NMS is based on PQ46 platform, which is the same as CC, B6/B7, and some early Tiguan. I would start there for compatibility.

Also, if all you want is the solid bushing, then check platform PL46 (2001-2005 Audi A4, 2003-2005 S4) the solid bushing I think is prevalent in Audi and higher tier cars (R32, R).

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
it's all same but the different.

I have heard while the subframe is different the LCA bushing size is spot on for MQB, do a search here another guy picked up TTRS or R bushing from a mk7 MQB and they fit.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rubb-mount/81a407183/

maybe that bushing that fits the NMS control arms ^^^^^^

but then again i pick up this RS3 bushing and it was too small for the control arms that i got with the b6 subframde..
1K0199231N
FEBI also makes them with part number: 33973

BUT this 33973 fits the control arms that came off a mk5 rabbit.

by the way. the mk5 rabbit uses a different subframe than the B6 passat. The rabbit control arms wont bolt up to the B6 subframe and viac versa

here is the thread about that bushing differences:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6854371-The-Different-OEM-Control-Arm-Bushing-Options

Last edited:

Dalon

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MKV Jetta TDI 1.9L - 237k 2013 Passat TDI - 31k
Not entirely sure if this ever got confirmed info but I do have B6 knuckles, control arms and the subframe installed on my NMS Passat.