Thanks to all for 12 great years

ieracer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
My 2000 Jetta just hit 300000 miles. New tires, brakes, clutch, tune, lot of other things last 4 years, regular maint and worn out parts like timing belt, fuel pump, put a new turbo on 2 years ago, etc etc... Always 50 mpg, always a great car.

I commute, did in So Cal for many years. Now in Oregon, longer commute. I drive my wifes Ford Edge from time to time, the leather, heated seats, bluetooth I envy. I have been looking at the Cruze diesel hatch for a number of years since dieselgate. No more manual in 2019, and this is the last year for the small cruze. GM stopped this and the cobalt, and others. Frickin gov't talks about economy, car makers talk about it, but all are focused on larger SUV and crossover vehicles. Doesn't make sense, but why should it.

I've done my research, mainly on the 9spd GM trans, and how Ford and GM had difference of opinions as Ford was originally going to also use it. regardless, I bought a 19 diesel cruze hatch, have put 1000 miles in it, getting 50 mpg, and it has all the bells and such I was wanting. I sold my 2000 TDI to a young guy who was so excited, he gave me the 4K I was asking for it no questions. You may be hearing from him. I told him how much this site helped me over the years and with that, Thanks all to a great decade +..

Yes, I miss my VW and the stick shift, but pushing 60 I was tired of pushing a clutch. I have a 71 Ford bronco rockcrawler with an NP435 trans, still have a stick.