02' Jetta TDI A4, Purcellville, VA (NOVA)

dingels75

TDI
02' Jetta TDI 365K, 12' Jetta TDI (gone to VW buyback)
02' Jetta TDI A4, Purcellville, VA (NOVA) **FREE PARTS/PROJECT CAR**

FREE A4 PARTS/PROJECT CAR** 2002 Jetta TDI A4, manual 5-SPD, 379k, dark blue, original owner, the car runs but is overheating on hills or under moderate to hard acceleration due to over pressure in the cooling system by what I assume is combustion entering the cooling system under stress. I pulled the head, cleaned surfaces and replaced head gasket, same issue. If the head is warped it's not by much using a straight edge. Anyway, Mobil One oil change every 5k entire life of car, new turbo 60k ago, body has a few rust areas and the interior is rough but I would be still be driving it as a daily commuter if not for the overheating. A suspension issue had just started in the right rear but I haven't diagnosed that problem. She was still pulling 47 mpg average around town before the issue started. Michelins have life left in them and battery is about 1 year old. Free/sign over title to good home for parts/project. The preference is local to the NOVA, D.C./MD/Eastern WV area where I could drive/deliver the car.

Dave

Last edited:

01m_jetta_02

Veteran Member
TDI
bump for this guy! Shame I can't grab the manual trans out of there due to no time

We even have the same Mini Cooper S.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
There's a good home for it in Chesapeake VA at my buddy's shop until I make it there to finish it's homecoming. I realize it's too far but one can dream.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I can give it a good home if available. I have my much loved 2001 JETTA ALH that was rear ended and could make one out of the both of them. I would need to arrange a date time I could trailer it home.

dingels75

TDI
02' Jetta TDI 365K, 12' Jetta TDI (gone to VW buyback)
The car has a new home. Thank you forum members!

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Sad I couldn't be the one for it but I support giving it away vs selling to the pick a part yards...I'd completely rather do that and miss a few hundred and hopefully have it make a second life or keep another one going.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk