www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old Yesterday, 11:07   #16
fastalan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icrashcars View Post
Update

I installed the ECS locking collar kit and replaced the upper and lower dogbone bushings.

There is a noticeable improvement. There is still some movement/ thump, but it is minor compared to before.
I like to ask how easy, or shall I say how hard, was it to press out/press in the two round mounts (the two round rubbers mounted inside the subframe cradle).

I don't have a hydraulic press but was thinking of using some wood blocks, regular car jack and a round steel object slightly small then the rubber, then press the rubbers out against a truck frame.
fastalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43   #17
icrashcars

TDI(s): B5 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastalan View Post
I like to ask how easy, or shall I say how hard, was it to press out/press in the two round mounts (the two round rubbers mounted inside the subframe cradle).

I don't have a hydraulic press but was thinking of using some wood blocks, regular car jack and a round steel object slightly small then the rubber, then press the rubbers out against a truck frame.

It took me about 60 minutes.
Removed Subframe
Cut out old mounts with as jig saw
I used a bench grinder to take a little of the material off the edge (lip) of the mounts so they were more tapered.
Froze the mounts in the freezer overnight.
I used a manual wheel bearing press I have. I bought a thinner/ longer bolt that would fit through the centers of the mounts. I really only used the metal press plates, so could prob fab something.This

I was able to press them in about 75% of the way. I then whacked it with a hammer and it popped right in.

The key is the grinding of material to make tapered edge. Remove as little as possible. Also taper the edge of the opening where the dogbone fits in.
icrashcars is offline   Reply With Quote