Hi guys i have a golf 5 with current setup
-Gtb2060vlkr vaccum convert etc
-Firad 120
-4bar map sensor
-full 70mm exhaust
-S3 intercooler with bigger tubes
-Upgrade camshaft
-PD150 headbolts

I have adjust it at 2.2 bar steady turbo pressure..but i dont know the limit from this turbo.How much pressure can work it and how much Egt.

thanks guys!!

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 3 -94 1Z 377hp, Golf 3 Cabrio 4-Motion 1.8T 620hp, Golf 3 Syncro 2.9 VR6 HX52, Bora AJM 4-Motion 2260vk +120% Firad, Passat 3B Syncro AFN 2260vk
Measure EGT and EMP, and you will get your answer. You can adjust more boost where EMP is lower, and if it will increase air flow. Also you should lower boost where EMP raises too much. By the way, do you have stock or modified BXE? Stock crankshaft isn´t too good in those.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
As above, BXE is known to throw rods trough the block, i do hope you fitted some aftermarket rods in there along with uprated hardware...

Markus L

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy (14D) 1.9TDI 2-stage 400+bhp, Passat 3BG 4motion AVF
Rods are same as AJM etc. in which they don't get through block so often. Seems more like faulty fastening of rod bolts in assembly line, propably due some cost optimization. Anyway when mounting a better crank this fault should be eliminated.

Turbo speed is valuable information in addition to p0wer's advices. It's quite easy to see from sound spectrum if not measured with a sensor.