Very little heat

Farmerboy11

TDI
Passat
05 Passat, had no heat, both heater core hose are hot, bled heater core by pulling hose and letting fluid come out. Finally pulled glove box and checked to see if blend door was work cable moves back and forth moving door. What I don’t under stand is there is much less air between cold and hot probably half the volume on hot. Finally got it to blow some heat by pulling ac relay. Do I have a blend door problem or is the heater core clogged. How can the core be clogged if both hoses are hot.

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
Most likely the heater core is partially clogged. There are several ways to try to unclog it. My way is effective but can blow your heater core apart. You need an air compressor. I take both hose off. Then take another hose a put a hole in it to blow short burst of compressed air into. Somehow hook like a garden hose to it and turn the water on. Water leaks are fine as they are pressure relief areas. With the water on give very short burst of air into the hose connected to the heater core towards the core. You can lengthen the bursts as the flow gets better. Also do this to the other core pipe to reverse flush. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR HARM CAUSED BY DOING THIS! I have done this to easily over 100 vehicles and never caused a leaking heater core.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
dump a gallon of vinegar in a bucket, hook a fountain pump to your heater core and draw liquid from the bucket, let it circulate thru the heater core and return the fluid back to the bucket, let it run for a couple of hours