"Port Installed Options" - ???

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
What are "port installed options"? Is this just another way of saying dealer installed options.

Ron M

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
List of VW Ports

Davisville RI
Houston Texas
San Diego CA
Brunswick GA
Halifax Canada

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Port Installed Option

Port installed options are options installed at port.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/a...tory-adding-final-touches.html?pagewanted=all

For vehicles manufactured in North America that may or may not be transported on a ship, port installed options may be added at a facility next to the factory or at a distribution point/port at some point between the factory and final destination of the dealer.
Is it possible to order a new Passat TDI SEL and order it WITHOUT Port Installed Options? It looks like all dealer ordered stock Passat TDI SEL's in the Central Region are coming with the "TDI Protections Package". I really do not want the "lip spoiler" which is a plastic item that is attached by adhesive to the car's trunk.

Is there maybe a dealer salesman lurking on this forum or do you know of one that I can PM?

Ron M

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Per the Sales gal I dealt with, yes you can, but be prepared to wait even longer. She stated all non-ordered Passats are coming with at least the mats, trunk liner & first aid kit. And also claims they will not remove them once they hit the dealer.

So the Passats are coming out of a new port: Chattanooga :rolleyes: