2006 Jetta TDI 5spd NY

blue176

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Im the 3rd owner and have had it for a few years now.

Typical wear of a car with 224k miles. 5spd and basic options, power windows, locks, 6 disk cd changer, leatherette. I still regularly get 40 mpg. I just had the timing belt done and water pump replaced at 224k miles. Ive always used Rotella T6 for oil changes.

The previous cam/tb was done at 150k . The ac compressor replaced. I upgraded to the G60 flywheel / vr6 clutch to get rid of the DMF.

The malone 1.5 tune has been done. Its been on there for about 50k miles.

I recently brought it to Mike in Westfield, MA to have him sort out some electrical issues. He found some bad wires, replaced them and any that looked like they would be an issue. It got rid of the check engine light that was on it and it starts up instantly now.

Issues:
It does have the wierd stutter issue sometimes under 2k rpms. Its rare and hasnt really bothered me.

I tend to go easy when using reverse because it likes to pop out if my hand isnt on the shifter. All other gears are completely fine. This probably sounds bad but its very minor. Its been like this for 2 years.

The emblem on the grill was damaged along with the small dent in the hood when my brother in laws father backed into it on accident. It happened in a driveway, he was going less than 5mph. Theres that little rust spot on the driver door and some near the front mudflaps.

The car runs very strong, Im just trying to mention every little detail I can think of. A local mechanic near me did mention he has a replacement hood and he'll give it to me since its just taking up space at his garage.

Asking $1500. Id prefer a local sale.

Last edited: