Front Wheel Bearings

Justin_J_Richert

TDI
Jetta, 98, Blue
Anybody have information on Front Wheel Bearings. I have a 98 Jetta TDI, and Im planning on working on them on Sunday. Are there any quirks or special instructions I should know about before I do these?

Thanks

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
HiJustin_J_Richert, You will also not find a better price than what I offer for these A3/B4 bearing kits in all of North America. How's $29.83 for the complete kit per side sound? Now you can possibly afford to have them done professionally at your local shop by providing your own parts. Later!

redtdi966

Veteran Member
TDI
09 B-graphite sedan 6-sp (Bridgewater- NJ)
This is what I do: I use both methods,
You need to get a strut level tool
http://www.geocities.com/chuckw96/passat_trans/trans.htm
click CAMBER

2- set this up before you remove the strut OR you will need to disconnet the lower B-joint as a min even if you have the on car bearing removal tool. This will allow you to forgo an expensive and timely post allignment

3- remove strut, either get a small sledge, two I-beams and a hardened large die (just a bit smaller) thanID of the bearing. Place the strut on the i-beam and WHAP the die (after you remove the captive spring in the grove)
OR
Take strut to shop w/ or wo bearing

4- re-assemble using strut tool to put back together 100% the same so you don't need an allignment.

takes 2-3 hrs