For sale 2004 Passat TDI

stillchained

TDI
2004 Passat
Not sure where to post this any advice is appreciated. We no longer need three cars, but we do need the money from the sale of this. It's in perfect mechanical condition. New(within last 10-15k miles) timing belt, water pump, balance shaft delete, coolant temp sensor, transmission fluid(Febi Bilstien)& filter, engine oil/filter (LiquiMoly)new tires(Tiger Paw), brakes (4 wheel disc), Vancouver alloy wheels, energy saving white LED license tag lights & interior cabin lights. Had the VW dealership install all new glow plugs under factory recall last year. Tan leather interior. Always get 40+ MPG, and easily 45 MPG on the highway. 700+ miles per tank is extremely convenient. 130k miles. This is a perfect combination of power and fuel economy. Serious inquiries only. I will negotiate on price with a serious buyer. Looking to sell quickly. Call 704-438 zero789. Matt
Thanks

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Not sure where to post this any advice is appreciated.
Review the "read this first" sticky at 1st thread. In terms of advice, I also suggest including the price and total mileage on the odo, clarify sedan vs. wagon, and stress at the beginning that the balance shaft module has been taken care of. Also, be prepared to back yourself up on the MPG claims b/c you're likely to get questions on it. And include pictures....

Last edited:

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
The only issue about mpg is displayed vs. calculated where the first is usually bigger than the latter. If you can back it up with records and calcs, more power to you.

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
I wasn't trying to be rude. You asked for advice; I responded. If I were posting in the for-sale section of the forum, I would include pics in the posting. So that's what I suggested per your request for advice.

In any event, good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

stillchained

TDI
2004 Passat
I took your advice and posted accordingly this morning. It's hard to find people (outside of this forum) who really appreciate this car. My Craigslist response is nil even though I've priced it at market. Anyone have recent experience with Carmax purchasing a B5.5 TDI? I hate to go that way, but the car is proving hard to liquidate. I could probably unload this thing today, but I need to get more than $4000 for it. I'm already in at over $10k and I don't have to explain to you guys how quickly several thousand dollars can disappear into these cars. Pity-party over. I feel better now. :)

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
It has been my experience that you pick up a few MPG's with the delete. Each car is different though.