www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 6th, 2017, 17:23   #1
schultp
Veteran Member

Default Bosch Settlement email

So, I had done my buyback with VW a few weeks ago. Now I received an email stating I will get another check from Bosch as part of their settlement and that I don't have to do a thing. If there is a thread already I must have missed it. Please redirect me if that is the case. If not, did anyone else get this email? How do they determine the settlement amount? How do I get that info?

Again, my apologies if this is already out there. I don't come to this forum regularly like I once did.

Paul.

2010 JSW TDI, 6sp manual
schultp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 17:28   #2
gulfcoastguy
Veteran Member

That sounds nice, it will cover a month's payment on the new ride whenever I buy it.
gulfcoastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 17:42   #3
PacCoastFwy923
Veteran Member

Well shoot, the only Bosch-related emails I have are shipment notifications for tools and windshield wipers!

I've heard this additional portion of the settlement is in the pipeline, but I think all the info so far has been third-hand. Is the email directly from Bosch? Any specifics?
Old March 6th, 2017, 18:30   #4
alightner

TDI(s): Multiple

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ighlight=Bosch
2.0L owners $350,
3.0L owners $1500
alightner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 18:36   #5
PacCoastFwy923
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alightner View Post
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ighlight=Bosch
2.0L owners $350,
3.0L owners $1500
I'd read that thread but didn't regard the email as "official notice" even though it was from a class attorney, I guess because I thought it was in response to other communication. Is that the official notice to entire class? I definitely didn't receive it, not even in spam. Still feels kind of like third hand info but I'll roll with it.

Edit: I visited boschvwsettlement.com and it's still awaiting final approval, but that's official enough. Here's the postcard they'll mail: https://boschvwsettlement.com/Conten...d%20Notice.pdf but it looks like we're awaiting a May 11th final approval hearing. I wonder if I can work a trade for wholesale pricing on a new table saw?

Last edited by PacCoastFwy923; March 6th, 2017 at 18:44.
PacCoastFwy923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 18:56   #6
drsven
Veteran Member

To Whom It May Concern,

This is an Important, Court-Approved Notice About a Class Action Settlement

You are receiving this email notice because you are a current or former owner/lessee of a 2.0-liter TDI Volkswagen or Audi vehicle. You may be eligible to receive an additional payment from a settlement with Bosch, another defendant in the same lawsuit (“Bosch Settlement”). Your payment could be up to $350 in addition to what you may be eligible to receive from the 2.0-liter Settlement with Volkswagen/Audi (“2.0-liter Settlement”).

What Are My Rights? What Do I Need To Do?

• If you already filed, or if you file in the future, an approved claim in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you will automatically receive a payment through the Bosch Settlement. Go to www.VWCourtSettlement.com to file a claim online any time before September 1, 2018.
  • If you have excluded yourself from the 2.0-liter Settlement, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until August 15, 2017.
  • If you are an Eligible Seller and missed the Identification Deadline in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you have until May 1, 2017 to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement.
  • If you do not file a claim in the 2.0-liter settlement, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until December 31, 2019.
  • You can object to or exclude yourself from the Bosch Settlement by April 14, 2017. If you do not exclude yourself from the Bosch Settlement, you will not be able to sue Bosch separately for the claims this Settlement resolves.
  • Any exclusion request or objection you submitted for the 2.0-liter Settlement has no effect in the Bosch Settlement, except that you will have to submit a claim form in the Bosch Settlement, available at www.BoschVWSettlement.com, before September 1, 2018 to receive benefits.
  • The Court will hold a hearing on May 11, 2017 to consider whether to grant final approval to the Bosch Settlement.
  • Attorneys representing the class will request Court approval of attorneys’ fees and costs. Those fees and costs will be paid from the settlement fund.
  • Visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com or contact a representative of the Claims Administrator, toll-free, Monday through Friday, except for recognized holidays, at 1-844-305-1928, for more details on the Bosch Settlement and your rights and options.

Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator
drsven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 20:09   #7
AmandaSch
Veteran Member

It says your payment could be up to $350 so does that mean we could receive less than that?
Old March 6th, 2017, 20:13   #8
AmandaSch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSch View Post
It says your payment could be up to $350 so does that mean we could receive less than that?
Ah, eligible sellers and lessee's will get less, got it now. I read the court documents
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:56   #9
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

i got the email too, do you have to do anything about it like submitting anything?
bmwM5power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 05:34   #10
Armby
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwM5power View Post
i got the email too, do you have to do anything about it like submitting anything?

Umm, maybe read the email you say you just got which answers that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Armby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 06:25   #11
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armby View Post
Umm, maybe read the email you say you just got which answers that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thank you Armby for the kind response, found it
bmwM5power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:20   #12
maybe368
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwM5power View Post
thank you Armby for the kind response, found it
You might as well get used to it, it seems to be cultural around here ...Mark
1968 Chevrolet Impala SS conv 396 325 HP #s matching
2017 Toyota 4Runner Off Road, loaded Thanks VW looking for older TDI
maybe368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:31   #13
DubFamily
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: It's still a diesel!

Haven't gotten the e-mail yet, but I am curious what happens to those of us who already did our buyback; do we now have to check "I used to own" and get partial, or do we check "I currently own" despite turning the car in...?
Dub said it better.
2014 BMW 328d xDrive
Member SSBMWO
DubFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 09:02   #14
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubFamily View Post
Haven't gotten the e-mail yet, but I am curious what happens to those of us who already did our buyback;
The email, which was already posted, in its entirety, in this thread, answers your question.

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:04   #15
DubFamily
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: It's still a diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB36 View Post
The email, which was already posted, in its entirety, in this thread, answers your question.
So it does; thanks!
Dub said it better.
2014 BMW 328d xDrive
Member SSBMWO
DubFamily is offline   Reply With Quote